Worst pilothouse design ever?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep, I see what you mean. I think it's the front windows slanted the wrong way.:whistling::hide:

Maybe it needs some canvas.

img_156487_0_0a9e1105acd9f9dfe998c485d9f9a4bc.jpg

Fugly!! and likely top heavy.

Still, someone will love her.

Isn't that the proof-of-concept prototype for the Krogen Manatee? I heard it was for sale.....

:)

Isn't that the proof-of-concept prototype for the Krogen Manatee? I heard it was for sale.....

Wow. On second look it does kind of look like a Manatee. Ouch.

Exactly! It's essentially a home built Manatee. Nothing wrong with that. I'll bet she gave her owner hours of satisfaction both in the building and in her use. Not sure why this forum behaves so catty? Like a bunch of old women (i don't mean to insult the old women lurking here either). As my mother taught me, if you can't say something nice! Don't say nothing at all.

Exactly! It's essentially a home built Manatee. Nothing wrong with that. I'll bet she gave her owner hours of satisfaction both in the building and in her use. Not sure why this forum behaves so catty? Like a bunch of old women (i don't mean to insult the old women lurking here either). As my mother taught me, if you can't say something nice! Don't say nothing at all.

While aesthetics can certainly be debated-- and most of us have our strong likes and dislikes in this regard--- there is usually no argument when it comes to the value of boating to a person's life. Regardless of whether a person likes monohull diesel cruisers or power cats or solar boats or go-fast Euroswoop boats or antique steam launches or sailboats, they all bring value to their owners' lives.

I don't believe in saying a boat is beautiful when I don't think it is just for the sake of the owner's feelings. And in a forum discussion about aesthetics I will say what I think looks good and what I think sucks from an aesthetic view. But that's just talking about lines and curves. The experiences a boat can bring to a person are amazing and that is a whole different deal than what the boat they choose to use looks like.

I can't find anything like that on Glen-L website, so I can only conclude that this is owner inflicted ugliness.

Holy crap! You're right! It's a Manatee without all the streamlining. :hide:

3Gd3L13N85Nd5L95Gfd3lf69d0c0c2b911b4c.jpg

3515004_20120207020950_1_LARGE.jpg

Most "modernistic" boats are pure ugly! In contrast, "J-class" boats are things of beauty!

283133_950x633.jpg

Last edited:
I agree, here's my J boat

Attachments

• photo (3).JPG
    photo (3).JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 127
Holy crap! You're right! It's a Manatee without all the streamlining. :hide:

I can't imagine what you guys are talking about. I've studied the lovely assets of this stellar design, and although I admit it is missing something, this simple fly-bridge addition was all that it needed bring it back into balance.;)

Attachments

• steel manatee w:fly.jpg
    steel manatee w:fly.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 137
Reminds me of Mayan architecture.

img_156561_0_84c20ae06611be1beec84185cf689fc7.jpg

I can't imagine what you guys are talking about. I've studied the lovely assets of this stellar design, and although I admit it is missing something, this simple fly-bridge addition was all that it needed bring it back into balance.;)

ROFLMAO!!!

I was hoping we'd hear from you, HH!! You never disappoint. Exquisite!!

Odd as it sounds adding that fly bridge gave it an almost Nordhaven look.

Nordhaven would be delighted with that comparison.

I think you are wrong on this one. A tower would be better.

Almost Larry. I think it needs a tuna tower and a little more canvas.

Larry,
Yet again I marvel at your design abilities. If you send this to the folks at Kadey Krogen I am sure they will want to hire you or at least have you on retainer as a consultant. :)

I agree with Reuben, especially when it comes to boats that are currently on the market. These comments are easy to find with a search engine and they are probably costing the seller money. :facepalm: What would say if a close fried or relative was selling that boat? Pretend it is your Mothers boat. Those who live in fiberglass boats should not throw stones. :D

I agree with Reuben, especially when it comes to boats that are currently on the market. These comments are easy to find with a search engine and they are probably costing the seller money. :facepalm: What would say if a close fried or relative was selling that boat? Pretend it is your Mothers boat. Those who live in fiberglass boats should not throw stones. :D

Yeah, you are probably right.

On the other hand it is fun and it ain't immoral or illegal!

Back
Top Bottom