Galley makeover ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
interesting idea Aronhk. hadn't thought to use a "drawer" to pull up. We put a full extension slide out in the pots and pans drawer under the dishwasher and it is fantastic. For the liqour pop up, we are using a sewing machine lift. We still have to work on it but you can see it in to the right of the sink in one of the photos.

Attachments

• 2013-05-11 13.06.22.jpg
    2013-05-11 13.06.22.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 99
  • 2013-05-11 13.06.14.jpg
    2013-05-11 13.06.14.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 96
That is so cool Jennifer. See, until it was mentioned here I wouldn't have thought of the sewing machine lift! lol Where do you get them...do you just look for old sewing machine tables somewhere?

I am used to designing my own lift type hinges unfortunately. The hinge I ended up using for the tilt front end on my Pro-Touring 1973 Trans Am had a simple set of design parameters. It had to be able to lift, tilt forward and glide forward all at the same time. It had to do this to clear the nose from the ground as it tilted, but also clear a space in front of the tires after lift so that I can step in there to work. Nobody makes such a thing. But I finally managed to make one that does the job after 12 failed prototypes and countless hours fabricating in my shop.

Last edited:
Actually the sewing machine w lift was brand new from a wood working place. Google sewing machine lifts and you'll find it! I forget the name of the place but its a chain and they sell online as well. We have a local (ish) store and they have to a if cool stuff. It is not so fancy as what you did on your trans am. :)

All I can say is WOW! Jennifer that is so cool. The lighting looks great too. Good job.:thumb:

What a difference! I kinda saw it in my minds eye when Matt explained it, but going from the more "open" look ya had in Stockton to this is dramatic.

Terrific Jennifer, thanks! Yes, the car has had so much fabricated its not funny. Very little is stock, and much of it fabricated by me. But I would have bought hinges to do what I needed if I could have found them! A labor of love the car is in general, but the frustration was beyond bearing as I tried one design, then another.........

Its so fun to see what you guys do on these boats though. So much ingenuity at work

A couple ppl commented on the lighting. It's the same as before, just seems brighter with the lighter countertops.

Back
Top Bottom