AUS vs NZ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"Tne thing which escaped mention is the overall good relations between Aust. and NZ.

Good to know , would hate to depart a future war zone for a different war zone.

Just be carefull of the Kiwis they do funny things with sheep.
We still play with girls over our side of the ditch.:dance::popcorn:

"Tne thing which escaped mention is the overall good relations between Aust. and NZ.
Good to know , would hate to depart a future war zone for a different war zone.

I'm not sure the relationship is much different that the US and Canada. :)

For a few hundred thousand dollars more, you can have a converted missile silo home and you get to stay in the U.S.A. 4e852__missile-silo-home.jpg

I'm not sure the relationship is much different that the US and Canada. :)
Yes Larry, there is a lot of truth in that. Although there is a very close relationship between the neighboring countries, both Canucks and Kiwis sometimes get a little frustrated living in the shadows of their loud talking big brothers.

Umm,FF, I have no idea what that post refers to.

Still, I'll give it a shot.

Yew= ewe= female sheep, Kwis + sheep= enough said!
'Not just confined to NZ', Florida has sheep fanciers?

That's a beautiful boat Fred; too bad they don't have any photos of the completed boat on their site.
I love the lines of that boat but would like to have one in the 38' range.

1rst pic =22m Kelly Archer

2nd pic 38' Halvorsen

Attachments

• Kelly Archer.jpg
    Kelly Archer.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 107
  • 38' Gourmet Cruiser copy.jpg
    38' Gourmet Cruiser copy.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 112
The last time I visited the US, several people told me the wanted to move to Australia, however they could not get in. I was always under the impression that Australia was one of the harder places to move to. Many people from various countries move to NZ first, then after a couple of years make it to OZ. Not sure how hard it would be at the moment.
Some stuff I read not so long ago, said Australia has some of the highest wages in the world, (a good thing because some stuff is expensive) our houses are the biggest in the western world (read amongst the dearest) and the average Australians net worth far exceeds most countries. There was a direct comparison to the US, and it was significantly more. Do not think I am trying to make out how wonderful Australia is, it is an expensive country to live in, so keep it in perspective.
I wouldn't mind living in the US for awhile, but like the US posters, there is no place like home. How about that said by a person born in New Zealand.

The last time I visited the US, several people told me the wanted to move to Australia, however they could not get in. I was always under the impression that Australia was one of the harder places to move to. Many people from various countries move to NZ first, then after a couple of years make it to OZ. Not sure how hard it would be at the moment.
Some stuff I read not so long ago, said Australia has some of the highest wages in the world, (a good thing because some stuff is expensive) our houses are the biggest in the western world (read amongst the dearest) and the average Australians net worth far exceeds most countries. There was a direct comparison to the US, and it was significantly more. Do not think I am trying to make out how wonderful Australia is, it is an expensive country to live in, so keep it in perspective.
I wouldn't mind living in the US for awhile, but like the US posters, there is no place like home. How about that said by a person born in New Zealand.

One of our daughters lives in Southport just south of Brisbane, having moved to Australia in 2005. She and her Aussie husband work hard at jobs that pay slightly more than they would earn in Canada, but the rent they pay is much higher and the cost of almost everything seems to be higher as well. They will certainly never get rich there! She travels home every Christmas and door to door, it takes her about 35 hours. I have been to visit three times and I can vouch for how long and difficult the journey is for those of us who can't afford to fly direct and first class.

Australia is a wonderful country, but I wish they would relocate to Canada.

One of our daughters lives in Southport just south of Brisbane, having moved to Australia in 2005. She and her Aussie husband work hard at jobs that pay slightly more than they would earn in Canada, but the rent they pay is much higher and the cost of almost everything seems to be higher as well. They will certainly never get rich there! She travels home every Christmas and door to door, it takes her about 35 hours. I have been to visit three times and I can vouch for how long and difficult the journey is for those of us who can't afford to fly direct and first class.

Australia is a wonderful country, but I wish they would relocate to Canada.

Everything here in Australia is more expensive than everywhere else in the world but at least we arn't sheep shaggers ... Hey Pete!!! Ay ay ay ay :rofl: hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Trawler

Australia is beginning to sound like Alaska.

Geography is a bit different though.

And political slant seems to be in the opposite direction.

And judging from what I've recently seen of the weather Alaska looks like a more friendly place.

But transportation in OZ would seem a walk in the park compared to Alaska.

Speaking of NZ geography there is a bit like AK.

NZ is definitely cheaper than Oz, so if you are looking to retire down south, then that would likely be a better financial choice. Either way I was told one by an American once that one country has 1 screw loose, and the other 2 screws loose. I'll let you choose which is which!

I live in Qld, but I reckon the top half of the North Island could tempt me for retirement

Back
Top Bottom