Sofa Conundrum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, we closed two weeks ago and spent this past weekend "moving in". Moving my husband in really, I'm still at the house during the week. We bought a new mattress as our number one priority and went to the canvas shop to order something opaque for the front three windows because we felt on display after dark. I really love your double incliner loveseat... Are the handles on the inside? Did you pick it up or have it shipped?

Congratulations! It's funny that the first thing we had to do was buy a mattress. I made Phifertex covers for all my windows. I opted for the 90% shading so we can see out a little. I made white vinyl covers for the windshield just for summer. A word of caution...even though our Bimini is navy I opted for white window covers. On our last boat we had a new black canvas windshield cover made and we moved aboard and it was unbearably hot. We had a white vinyl one made and you could not feel the heat on the windshield at all. Sorry for the diversion.

Back to the sofa, the handles are small levers on the inside and we had it shipped.

Gina

Is Phifertex the screen type material? We did have that over front and sides but you can see right through it at night! I like the closeness on the the dock but not that close! Gee, I was so sore after all the boat work this past weekend that I fell asleep on the couch after work these last two nights ;). New mattress was absolutely first. In case anyone wonders, you can bend an innerspring mattress in half briefly to shove it through the narrow openings and afterwards it is just fine! I'm already starting to wish I had bought that sailrite machine... the front covers and recovering the helm seats is one small fortune and replacing the two pieces of front upper "glass" is another. Still, we have to do something about making the salon more liveable so I want to be prepared to order the "double incliner".

Is Phifertex the screen type material? We did have that over front and sides but you can see right through it at night! I like the closeness on the the dock but not that close! Gee, I was so sore after all the boat work this past weekend that I fell asleep on the couch after work these last two nights ;). New mattress was absolutely first. In case anyone wonders, you can bend an innerspring mattress in half briefly to shove it through the narrow openings and afterwards it is just fine! I'm already starting to wish I had bought that sailrite machine... the front covers and recovering the helm seats is one small fortune and replacing the two pieces of front upper "glass" is another. Still, we have to do something about making the salon more liveable so I want to be prepared to order the "double incliner".

I purchased the Phifertex from Sailrite. There were 2 choices-- 75% and 90%. I opted for the 90% because one of our dock mates had the 75% and it didn't keep enough of the sun out and you could see in the boat too easily. The 90% does a better job. I still switch the windshield to marine vinyl in summer to keep all the heat out. I also put window blinds in the salon.

All your projects sound like mine about this time last year! Keep plugging away -- it gets better.

Gina

It'a a labor of love :) I wanted to post some pics but I have to study to find out how. Just copy and past doesn't seems to work. Any tips?

When every cubic inch matters....

Every cubic inch of storage space is very valuable to us. I decided to build my own settee and have it professionally upholstered. If I was any good at sewing, I would have done it myself.

Attachments

• Plywood Sarcophagus.jpg
    Plywood Sarcophagus.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 72
  • After Veneering.JPG
    After Veneering.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 78
  • Final Product.JPG
    Final Product.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 82
Back
Top Bottom