New Poster boat for trawlerforum.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Woodsong

Guru
Vessel Make
Bayliner 4550 Pilothouse
I have searched long and hard to find a boat that all the hardcore trawler forum folks can agree upon as being the "poster boat" here at trawler forum...you know...a good solid, rugged, and salty traditional trawler that we can all mutually use as the gold standard for judging most all other designs, whether they be new or traditional in scope, age, or concept. It's been a long search and the flybridge/no flybridge debate, along with the twin vs. single debate, not to mention teak or no teak debate, well...they mutually made the task rather daunting at times but finally...finally, I believe I have discovered our new poster boat. As such, I am pleased to present her to you all for mutual respect and admiration. Her traditional lines I know are going to excite many of us here at TF. I am sure we can all see the design references to Ed Monk, Art Defever, et al.

Attachments

• Dump+016.jpg
    Dump+016.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 200
I'm speechless. I think we're going to have to invent a new word. The word "ugly" just doesn't even come close. Even "fugly" misses the mark.

And if this doesn't settle the "fenders out or fenders in" debate, nothing will!

Well there it is. It doesn't get any better than that.

Oh, dear Marin. I beg to differ. A simple tasteful touch to the windshield, and voila!

Attachments

• modified Dump+016.jpg
    modified Dump+016.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
It's not only ugly it's butt ugly. Wouldn't have it even if I won the lottery, but thanks for sharing.

My wife just said there should be a law against that.

Sent from my iPad using Trawler

We'd have to change the name to "Spaceship Forum"... (Although healhustler did turn it back into a boat - nice Photoshopping skill!)

It's a poseur boat.

I like it Wood. Lets replace the Selene in the top banner with Larry's "wannabe window" version.

Aw, Hustler-you beat me to it, I could not tell from the original which way the windows slanted. Guess your pic seals Marin's "No" vote!

With apologies to the designer (?), but your version actually looks better!

It does look better.

Don't mess w it more or you may loose your raised standing.

It's a stealth trawler!

OK. Here's the new TF logo headliner photo. Where do we send it?

Attachments

• new TF photo.jpg
    new TF photo.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 145
It think it goes to the administrators. There is a "contact us" button at the bottom of this screen that gets you to the website administrator. You can try that.

Only redeeming quality is satellite TV

Oh, dear Marin. I beg to differ. A simple tasteful touch to the windshield, and voila!
Yes, that actually does look much better. At least you get the feeling they can see to steer with those windows.

Does the Darth Vader boat have a name?

Ocean Emerald and it has an ugly sister named Pearl.

Here are a couple of pics I took in St Maarten not too long ago.

Attachments

• COMING.JPG
    COMING.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 99
  • GOING.JPG
    GOING.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 103
Well, I like the boat as the out side decks are protected, and looks to be good designed for the PNW as its well protect from the rain and wind. The Eagle sort of look like 9 months of the year during the winter with the canvas and tarps on. We usually keep the curtains closed all year around for privacy, holding in the heat in the winter and keep the bright sun light out in the summer.

I do like the photo shop picture better but the wantabe don’t fit the sleek look/design. But Hey, I like blink, glitz and the unusually one. :D

hahaha!
So my only complaint I have is that your change altered the forward lines which to me, are terrible appealing. :) I would humbly suggest that you place the reverse rake pilothouse windows ATOP the existing cabin roof so that it sits above the wonderful forward bow lines. I think if you do that this boat will truly be just about perfect.

Any bow babes on the forward deck of this eye sore would have to have a death wish. What dummy would take several hundred sq/ft of clear deck space and completely waste it by sloping it so severely you can neither walk or lay on it. Then there is the 10 or so steps that make up the transom, for what? Designed to turn heads with little regard to practicality or common sense.... I concede if turning heads was the designers intent he succeeded.

Ocean Emerald and it has an ugly sister named Pearl.

Here are a couple of pics I took in St Maarten not too long ago.

I was under the impression there where 8 of these built for a fractional ownership fleet. Perhaps that was just the marketing fluff prior to the economy falling in the ditch.

Any bow babes on the forward deck of this eye sore would have to have a death wish. What dummy would take several hundred sq/ft of clear deck space and completely waste it by sloping it so severely you can neither walk or lay on it. Then there is the 10 or so steps that make up the transom, for what? Designed to turn heads with little regard to practicality or common sense.... I concede if turning heads was the designers intent he succeeded.

They are sitting on the roof, for a better view. :socool: The more I look at it the more I like it, but it definatly a warm claimat boat as its not enclosed as mush as I thought. However, a roof/tarps over some of the holes would fix that.:thumb:

hahaha!
So my only complaint I have is that your change altered the forward lines which to me, are terrible appealing. :) I would humbly suggest that you place the reverse rake pilothouse windows ATOP the existing cabin roof so that it sits above the wonderful forward bow lines. I think if you do that this boat will truly be just about perfect.

Woody: I've been warned by Eric about further improvements to this boat, but your point is too powerful to ignore. Yes, I see what you mean.....a raised pilothouse version. You obviously have a keen eye for style.

Attachments

• Dump+016 Raised Pilot House.jpg
    Dump+016 Raised Pilot House.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 86

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom