Time for a break from working on the boat.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Leon---

Great shots and thanks for posting them. In my travels around the world (on my employer's dime) I've gotten to see a lot of different types of working boats and it's a real eye-opener how many variations there are. I particularly like the two boats in your shot #3. It's so nice to see that there are still designers on the planet who kept their French curves and compasses instead of doing everything with a straight edge. One of the most beautiful ship designs ever are the four Iowa-class battleships from WWII. Despite the buidling material--- steel--- and despite the purpose of the ship, the lines of the New Jersey, Missouri, Iowa, and Wisconsin are really something.

Hi Marin,
I had'nt noticed the bent horizon. The bow wave masking the bootstripe on your fwd half I think is the biggest reason for the illusion. I also see that your boat floats level in your Avitar and not many boats go negative in pitch with added speed and power. I guess your'e good to go Marin.
Yea Walt.
I've got this critical eye** ... very perceptive you see. But every time I start pick'in I sneeze and there goes the fly stuff so I gotta start all over again. See'in how you're pickin on me I just might start pickin on you** ...* if I ever find a nose plug.

Eric Henning

-- Edited by nomadwilly on Tuesday 25th of August 2009 09:05:25 PM

nomadwilly wrote:

When the wind blows and the brightwork covers flutter around does that take the gloss off your varnish in spots?..... Since your'e so capable of editing pictures why don't you take the blue out of those cliffs in the background of Careys calendar picture?
The covers on the brightwork are fitted very tightly so there does not seem to be any chafing as a result of the wind.* The rail canvas is all courtesy of the previous owner and whoever he had make it did a very impressive job.* He kept the boat in Alameda so I'm guessing the canvas shop was somewhere on the Oakland side of SFO bay.

I think I sent Carey the raw photo files of his boat.* I don't know if he did any color correction on his own.

-- Edited by Marin on Tuesday 25th of August 2009 11:55:25 PM

Back
Top Bottom