Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve

Guru
Vessel Name
Gumbo
Vessel Make
2003 Monk 36
Here are a couple of boats I found interesting. Location Lulu's Homeport Marina Orange Beach, Alabama. Lulu is Jimmy Buffet's sister.
The steel trawler is Ulysses (and for sale) the sailboat is "Old Squaw"

Attachments

• Ullyses.jpg
    Ullyses.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 8,937
  • Round stern Sailboat Old Squaw.jpg
    Round stern Sailboat Old Squaw.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 10,826
Last edited:
Two of my favourite boats. A Romsdal and a Fisher. Just looking at Fishers the other night thinking I should trade.

Last edited:
The Fisher 30 is a beautiful boat. I googled Old Squaw, and that one sounds sounds like it did an Atlantic crossing.

Carl (of this forum) in Anacortes has a sister of the "Ulysses" in his "Delfin." I've seen several Fishers out here but none with the big awkward pilothouse like the boat in the photo.

Here's another interesting boat.
I've never seen anything else like it. I actually think it would be great little boat for protected waters.

A double ender that looks like it could travel in either direction depending whether you want forward or reverse slanting windows.

Used Finn 8 for Sale | Yachts For Sale | Yachthub

Sorry - I couldn't load the pic's.

That Finn is an awesome looking boat AusCan!

Those Fisher's got a great look too.

bigger is better

If you are tired of being cut off by "running shoe" drivers you might want to consider one of these. A bit unusual to see it on the Great Lakes as something called the Rush Bagot treaty prevents any warship going there and this one, heading to a museum needed special permission.

Attachments

• 946.jpg
    946.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 4,828
That's the USS Edson (DD-946), a Forrest Sherman-class destroyer. I spent a little time on the following Spruance-class the Ingersoll, (DD-990). Great looking "boats".

Tenacious is a Ketchikan boat and I think Al from that Alaskan city knows something about her. I though somebody bought a cabin damaged GB and restored it by building a new cabin but now I think not. She has a very strong resemblance to a GB and perhaps Al will fill us in. Al?

Attachments

• all to 12-15-09 103 copy.jpg
    all to 12-15-09 103 copy.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 4,767
  • all to 12-15-09 102 copy.jpg
    all to 12-15-09 102 copy.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 3,056
Ditto in Mare Island Strait:

232323232%7Ffp734%3B2%3Enu%3D3363%3E33%3A%3E57%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D394%3A%3A2%3A3%3C2336nu0mrj

Carl (of this forum) in Anacortes has a sister of the "Ulysses" in his "Delfin." I've seen several Fishers out here but none with the big awkward pilothouse like the boat in the photo.

Have not heard from Delfin for quite a while? He moors in Anacortes where Trawler Fest is help. I will try to look him up. :flowers:

Wasn' Ulysses in Passagemaker a few years ago?

That was a older wook boat, that was chatering between Mexico and Alaska. Joyce is the lady that owns here, but lost track when we move off Lake Union. In the past she was at the Anacortas Trawler Fest getting ready to head North.

Anytime a person buys an older boat they have to have deep pockets as they require high maintenance. :smitten:

When we were in Alaska this boat was being fit out for fishing 20 miles offshore. It's a converted sailboat ... I think.

I would like to have bought her. Her owner Brad bought a new 4 cyl 80hp JD.

Attachments

• DSCF0207 copy 2.jpg
    DSCF0207 copy 2.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 2,275
When we were in Alaska this boat was being fit out for fishing 20 miles offshore. It's a converted sailboat ... I think.

I would like to have bought her. Her owner Brad bought a new 4 cyl 80hp JD.

Everyone should like this boat. Two sets of windows. One for each taste.

Have not heard from Delfin for quite a while? He moors in Anacortes where Trawler Fest is help. I will try to look him up. :flowers:

I saw Carl a few months ago... he was so fed up with the Galaxy Girl garbage he thought he would take a break from TF... I cannot say I blame him in the least...
HOLLYWOOD

Speaking of interesting boats...

Homer AK

Alaska05-ALL+684.jpg

Alaska05-ALL+685.jpg

Alaska05-ALL+686.jpg

Alaska05-ALL+687.jpg

Alaska05-ALL+688.jpg

Alaska05-ALL+689.jpg

Custom-made paddle wheeler:

232323232%7Ffp543%3C7%3Enu%3D3363%3E33%3A%3E57%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D39495%3A4%3A%3A6336nu0mrj

Jeffnick,
In the 4th pic up from the bottom there is a picture of a Bryant Bristol Bay Boat. Hundreds and hundreds of these boats were made and powered w Chris Craft and probably many other brands of engines in the 50s. Yes even CC made a flathead 6 marine engine. The boats had a mild tunnel stern to get in close to the beach. They were Gillnetters.

Yea I saw Delfin for sale many months ago. Things change ... we move on.

I saw Carl a few months ago... he was so fed up with the Galaxy Girl garbage he thought he would take a break from TF... I cannot say I blame him in the least...
HOLLYWOOD

Wonder whatever happened to that? It always smacked of somebody trying to get their 15 minutes of fame. I guess perhaps that's what it was. Can't blame Carl for getting fed up with it.

Custom-made paddle wheeler:

232323232%7Ffp543%3C7%3Enu%3D3363%3E33%3A%3E57%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D39495%3A4%3A%3A6336nu0mrj

A fleet of contraptions similar to this one are used extensively in the harbor at Sturgeon Bay Wisconsin to harvest the invasive sea weed that chokes the area mid-summer. They cut it about three feet below water line every week, dump it in the on-board storage bin, and then empty the bins on the shore. I've stood at the rail on my boat and directed the operator to cut about a foot under the hull. Amazing maneuverability and precision afforded by the paddle wheels.

One more from Lulu's. The concrete railing and blue bimini top are NOT a flybridge.

Attachments

• Classic at LULUS.jpg
    Classic at LULUS.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 935
Steve it's a Duck isn't it? Wonder how they see where their going?

This boat was in Comox last summer. I really like the FB. It looks great and limits the number of people up there so is safer but mostly I just like the looks.

Attachments

• DSCF0596 copy 3.jpg
    DSCF0596 copy 3.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 764
Back
Top Bottom