Boat/marine wreckers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hendo78

Guru
Hi all,

I need to enlist the help of our overseas members in relation to your recommendations on a boat/marine wreckers.

Basically need some company names of people you guys have used or know of.

The part i need for my ski boat cannot be sourced in Australia so need to find it in the US or alike.

I'm trying to find a 20inch mid section/trunk for my 250hp Mercury outboard.

I've been told that any 3.0ltr mid from Mercury or Mariner will fit.

I've tried google .... but ... Yeah .... well ... Well lets just say that hasn't been very fruitful.

Your local help would be greatly appreciated as I've been looking over here for over 12 months with no joy so its time to widen my search parameters.

Cheers
Hendo.

Sent from my iPhone using Trawler

I'll check a source in a tiny shop in Stockton, California tomorrow for ya. Can't recall the name but the old boy has had an outboard shop next to the freeway there for decades. Doesn't look like much but all the local Bass boat guys swear he's the best in the area.

Whenever someone around here needs out of the ordinary parts he's the first and usually last stop. Guy seems to have anything and everything.

I'll check a source in a tiny shop in Stockton, California tomorrow for ya. Can't recall the name but the old boy has had an outboard shop next to the freeway there for decades. Doesn't look like much but all the local Bass boat guys swear he's the best in the area.

Whenever someone around here needs out of the ordinary parts he's the first and usually last stop. Guy seems to have anything and everything.

Hi Craig. Oh that'd be awesome mate. Even if you grab the name of the place and I'll send them an email. I Don't want you going out of your way mate.

A bloke I spoke to in Sydney had to fly to America and find one to bring back.

I'm hoping to find one and freight it back lol

I would check the high-performance Board of screamandfly.com. is there somebody will have it or give you a lead

Fisheries Supply, Seattle www.fisheriessupply.com

They are ther maor marine distributors for the Puget Sound.

I stalled a 30 gallon belly tank in our 19 ft run aboub.

Thanks guys. Got some really good leads. Thanks again
Regards
Matt

This company is local to me and they have tons of parts. They build a lot of race motors and thus have lots of parts. Email either Phillip or Chris (Dad/Son)
D'Iberville, Mississippi, Blazer, Mercury, Suzuki, Yamaha, Boat, Key West, Blackjack, Outboard , Boat Dealer, Used, Parts, Service, Frontier, Marine

Thanks mate

Email sent so fingers crossed. No luck with the other places yet.

Apparently 20" mid section for a 3.0Ltr Mercury or Mariner are as rare as rocking horse sh!t

Plenty of 3.0L 25" legs or 2.5L 20" .... but no 3.0L 20"

Might have to get mine CNC machined and welded :-/.

Marine Engine Salvage 3832 S Highway 99 Ste D, Stockton, CA

Used Boat Parts, Used Boat Engine Parts, Stockton, California

Give this guy a try Matt. If I can be any assistance on this end send me an email.

Youre the man Craig!.
The guys there (Ricky Baldwin) found me the item Ive been looking for a very very VERY long time. :dance:

The only problem now is they are not sure how to post it to me. He said he has only dropped of at peoples drop off points. :banghead:

Fingers crossed we can get it sorted :thumb:

Thanks again mate!

Let me know if I can assist although Ricky should be able to sort out shipping. Shops not far from me.

Youre the man Craig!.
The guys there (Ricky Baldwin) found me the item Ive been looking for a very very VERY long time. :dance:

The only problem now is they are not sure how to post it to me. He said he has only dropped of at peoples drop off points. :banghead:

Fingers crossed we can get it sorted :thumb:

Thanks again mate!

We ship world wide and use DHL for air and ocean and they deliver to also most every part of the world. However shipping a tank which is a lot of air will be costly.

The travels of a mid section.

image-2095566145.jpg

The journey begins in Stockton, CA

Attachments

• image-2609178645.jpg
    image-2609178645.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 109
The long awaited shipment date has arrived. Who new international shipping was like breeding elephants?

Attachments

• image-4175218275.jpg
    image-4175218275.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 111
The long awaited shipment date has arrived. Who new international shipping was like breeding elephants?

Lol thanks again for all your efforts and for putting up with all my emails Craig!

Really appreciate all that you've done mate!

Item arrived in Australia all safe and sound!

Thanks again mate!

Cheers
Hendo

Great news! WTG Craig!

This thread makes a great TF story. Two guys on opposite sides of the earth, never met before yet still able to help the other through the internet.

I like it so much...

...I think I'm gonna... :cry:

Great news! WTG Craig!

This thread makes a great TF story. Two guys on opposite sides of the earth, never met before yet still able to help the other through the internet.

I like it so much...

Hahahaha I was crying when I found out how much freight was hahaha

Great news! WTG Craig!

I like it so much...

Flywright, take your medicine, and remember to keep the needle in the low range. You could become an emotional wreck.:D

I have to admit that is is a good story.:thumb:

Hahahaha I was crying when I found out how much freight was hahaha

All I'll say is better you than me mate.

And Al, a confession. I patently refused to help Matt until he promised to buy me a pint if ever I make it to Perth. I'll spend the next 15 years collecting beer promises, then buy a boat capable of collecting them all during my retirement.:socool:

Until the AUD started heading south, it was still cheaper to bring things in from USA, probably still is, even with freight. A friend bought some parts made here, from Defender. Even with freight, it was still much cheaper than retail here, even after travelling from Aust> USA>Aust, including handling by a USA retailer.

Until the AUD started heading south, it was still cheaper to bring things in from USA, probably still is, even with freight. A friend bought some parts made here, from Defender. Even with freight, it was still much cheaper than retail here, even after travelling from Aust> USA>Aust, including handling by a USA retailer.

The A$ went out the window just like Julia did today hahaha

Well I'm happy to wrap and send from here if y'all can afford the freight.

All I'll say is better you than me mate.

And Al, a confession. I patently refused to help Matt until he promised to buy me a pint if ever I make it to Perth. I'll spend the next 15 years collecting beer promises, then buy a boat capable of collecting them all during my retirement.:socool:

Lol hey!, I offered to send a carton of Western Australian made beer!

Back
Top Bottom