Miami area surveyor recommendations?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Cobber

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
White Rose
Vessel Make
1988 Jefferson 42 Sundeck
Greetings all,

The Admiral and I may have found our next boat and would like to hear from members who may have recommendations for surveyors in the Miami FL area. We are heading down to FL next month to take a look (second look for Admiral, first look for me) and would like to have a surveyor selected should we decide to move forward.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations provided.

We used Ed Rowe to survey our NT32 in Ft. Lauderdale. He came highly recommended, and from personal experience I believe he is one of the best. We met Ed at 8 AM to start, and when we left for the airport at 3 PM he was still finishing up. One of the few surveyors I've experienced that will take the time to crawl into every nook and cranney. He also spent considerable time talking things through with my wife and I the day of the survey.
Ed Rowe & Associates, Inc.
9116 86th Place
Vero Beach, FL 32967
772-589-7463 office

For the mechanical systems (engine, tranny and genset) we used Dave with Dave's Marine, also out of Ft. Lauderdale. He also did a great job. We also opted for a Spectrum fluid analysis as part of Dave's survey.

DAVE'S MARINE INCORPORATED​
2449 BIMINI LANE -FT. LAUDERDALE, FL 33312-4747​

Last edited:
Thanks for both of these recommendations! We've dropped the boat in Miami from our list but still have a contender that is in Vero Beach. We viewed a Marine Trader in Pompano that had a survey performed by Ed Rowe, and I was impressed with the level of detail and the straight-shooting in his report, although the selling agent was of different opinion.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom