For Women Only!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think what women want depends on the woman.:)

I think what women want depends on the woman.:)
No, believe me I know what women want! I've been married most of my entire life and have learned a lot about what women really want.:oops::peace::hide:

No, believe me I know what women want! I've been married most of my entire life and have learned a lot about what women really want.:oops::peace::hide:

Does it include chasing defenseless birds and dumping chemical-laden refrigerators overboard? :eek:

If you're referring to my last post it was a response to Peter's statement about guys doing more of the cooking and cleaning chores on a boat as a way of thanking their wives for coming along on the boat.

Ok, with the exception of Marin, and maybe Walt...

Mind you, in Marin's case anyway, his wife is possibly even keener than he is on the boating thing, so she is clearly more like Jennifer and these others on here. In fact I even asked for a wife swap, purely in a crew capacity, I should add, but he said no way Jose...darn it...

Last edited:
Does it include chasing defenseless birds and dumping chemical-laden refrigerators overboard? :eek:
Sometimes!

My wife is a real sports nut (except football, basketball. baseball, tennis, etc.) She is a Zip Liner, fisherwoman, kayaker, swimmer, diver, and horse woman. (Suffice is to say, she is very pretty too!) Had to get that in as sometimes she reads TF.

Attachments

• IMG_0173.jpg
    IMG_0173.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 79
  • Renee @ the Helm.jpg
    Renee @ the Helm.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Yeah my husband doesn't have to thank me for coming on the boat. Probably why we are installing a dishwasher! Since neither one of us has any motivation to be the one to wash them manually to reward the other for being there!! :)

Tom doesn't need to thank me for coming to the boat either. He does however need to thank me once in a while for saying "honey, let's get a boat". :D

Thinking of more things onboard I love. The heated blanket. The icemaker. My big sun hat. Favorite books. Charts of the Bahamas to dream about. Binoculars and my camera. Oh...and the little shop vac...very important. And....anywhere chairs!

Tom doesn't need to thank me for coming to the boat either. He does however need to thank me once in a while for saying "honey, let's get a boat". :D

Thinking of more things onboard I love. The heated blanket. The icemaker. My big sun hat. Favorite books. Charts of the Bahamas to dream about. Binoculars and my camera. Oh...and the little shop vac...very important. And....anywhere chairs!
My husband actually used my little shop vac to empty the engine oil in our sailboat. Not one if his best moments. Luckily this new boat has a better setup for changing oil. ;)

I read somewhere that when you have a small galley, you should plan for one person to cook and the other to clean... each having a turn in the small space. I'm kinda keen to see if we can make that work. I'll let you know how it turns out.

The Galley Wench (er, I mean Deidra)

I read somewhere that when you have a small galley, you should plan for one person to cook and the other to clean... each having a turn in the small space. I'm kinda keen to see if we can make that work. I'll let you know how it turns out.

The Galley Wench (er, I mean Deidra)

This will only work if you have a label maker to label everything and where everything goes. Otherwise you will never find your stuff....or it will be in a tool box. :hide:

I think Marin should have his wife do the posting on "women only" .... and of course I shouldn't be here either.

I've been wondering what took so long for this thread to start. Why shouldn't the women (wife's of members and all other women) have their own threads and departments.

And we men shouldn't be excluded anymore than women should be excluded from general posting.

I'm all for the women but Marin telling us what his wife thinks and does is not the kind of involvement an even mildly liberated women would consider ideal.

PG do you find this amusing?

I read somewhere that when you have a small galley, you should plan for one person to cook and the other to clean....

We tried that when we first got the boat. Very inefficient. We subsequently found that a much better plan is whoever cooks also cleans up. This works great.

I don't cook.

Eric it doesn't bother me to have Marin post his wife's thoughts. At least he talks to her. Lol. At least he's got me believing he does.

Matt and I tend to both cook and nobody cleans up. :) at home or on the boat.

Bess I agree re labeling. Nothing ever ends up back where it came from. Drives me insane. I really try not to let it bother me but it still does. I about lost it over the state of the tool box last weekend!!! Argh.

My wife has no problem telling me what she thinks. I suggested that she post her ideas and practices to the forum herself and she didn't stop laughing for five minutes. She has little use for the Internet other than research.

So you get me instead.:)

You'll do just fine Marin and have for 6 or so years.

Now I beter get out of the hen house.

Some women may feel we men have ruined their thread.

Victoria, great topic. The things that are important to me as a liveaboard are:

1 Good rain gear as Marin posted. Gotta have it for these torrential rainstorms we get here in Fl. I'm usually handling the anchors and/ or dock lines. Also no garage to pull into to unload groceries or do laundry.

2. Dishes, real wine glasses,- as I previously posted, I don't want to feel as if I'm camping out.

3. IPad and Laptop- again as Marin suggested, it's become an important part of our "electronics" on board. We can navigate (using Coastal Explorer and a gps antenna). We've cut down mail and storage space with the laptop and IPad. We pay all bills, receive and store all bank, credit card, insurance statements digitally. Anything with a manual is on our iPad in a .pdf format organized in IBooks. Before we moved aboard I scanned all my favorite recipes and stored on the iPad.

4.Sewing machine. Hadn't sewed in many years( and wasn't that good even then) but when we moved aboard I got a new Sailrite sewing machine. It's more than paid for itself in the first year. I've made sunshades for all the windows, hatch covers for the vberth and aft cabin door and lots of little things.

"Gee, I wish I...." had a washer/dryer ( our boat is too small but I'd love one).
Just lurking here as we haven't closed on our boat yet. Sea trial and survey were yesterday! Wanted to say thanks for the great idea of scanning favorite recipes. Had not occurred to me.

No freakin' way, mate. My idea of cooking is using a can opener. My idea of gourmet cooking is using a platinum can opener. T/QUOTE]

My wife's idea of cooking is pointing at something on the menu, This is why we enjoy coastal and canal cruising. There is always somewhere you can call ahead for reservations.

OK, OK... So I'm Late to the Party... But, don’t hold it against me... I really enjoyed reading through the posts. :thumb:

Walt and Jennifer - - > Yes!! Bikinis... or none! You know me well! – LOL :D

Re boat duties – Do what is called for and smile-wide while doing – cause, you’re (we’re) one (some) of the luckiest humans on Earth. We’re all spending time on our own, individual, and beloved “Pleasure” Boat. Wonder what the stat is on that – 1 in ten thousand / 1 in twenty thousand??? I’ll leave that up to Marin and Eric to suss out that percentage of boat people – vs – non boat people. Can we spell LUCKY!?!? ;)

My Linda is an exceptional chef – YUMMMMM! I often do good BBQ on propane Magma grill and make one hell of a sandwich upon occasion!! I have no prob doing dishes or anything else, neither does my Admiral. We always have snacks available and sweets per desire. :socool:

There are a couple things we don’t have aboard currently that we might like to use... but no big sweat, we’ve got it made with things just as they are! Boating to us is more fun and relaxation and enjoyment than can be found via any other activity- - bar none! :speed boat:

Happy Boating Daze!! :dance:

Back
Top Bottom