First Anchoring

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We normally wear snowsuits.

Marin's right. You should all stay away from BC. It's horrible here.

Plus I don't ever want to feel the need to lock up my dinghy.

You don't want to know how many Canuck's I know that came here because it's so wonderful up north. Just sayin' :socool:

Carolena,
If you were on the "right" coast I'd swap ya boats but yours is probably worth 2 to 4 times as much as my old Willard.

I was going to use davits before we decided to leave Alaska but moorage is so expensive down here the davit idea is OUT.

Now I'm thinking of a trick way to use our 18' Kevlar canoe. It can go as fast as Willy on less than 4hp.

You don't want to know how many Canuck's I know that came here because it's so wonderful up north.
A lot of my neighbors are from WA, B.C.,OR and points north. They all tell me how wonderful it is up there but I've been noticing that they All are here 9 months out of the year. My daughter lives in the Seattle area and has also lived in San Diego for several years. She and her family were here 3 weeks ago and all I heard was how she misses SoCal. Yes, this is the land of fruits and nuts but it is also the land of the best weather in the world!

Murray,
We anchored here in this dreary, cold and desolate place.

Not far from shore it was 400'deep. We anchored at 100' deep hoping we'd not swing onto the beach at low tide. I tried to put another anchor off the stern in 15' of water but there was some kind of grass that would not accept an anchor fluke. So we anchored at 2-1 scope and thankfully there was no wind. And if your'e wondering I did set the GPS anchor alarm. Think'in of you Murray I think you'd like one of those.

Walt, How'd you do that double picture stunt?

Attachments

• DSCF0433 copy 2.jpg
    DSCF0433 copy 2.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
I use about 15' of chain. Three feet of 3/8ths and 12' of 5/16ths. I only use anchors that perform well at short scope.

Hi Eric,

Why do you use the above combination? Wouldn't at lease 30-40ft of the heavier chain be simpler? (I'm no expert so I'm asking in earnest).

~d

Back
Top Bottom