Underway Today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think I went over that hole on the fork in the creek. Depth plunged to 80' like it was a cliff. Pretty amazing stuff for a sand and mud bottom.

Tom,
You have to know by now I'm too cheap and too late arriving to justify a marina.

Sorry to say but I'm not a beer guy. Wine, single malt or black strap rum and tonic with a twist of lime

Are you in? **** it

You just shot by the last marina for MILES. Where are you going for the night?

Marina not necessary with his set up. Just watch the moon, sip the grapes, listen to the cicadas and the jumping fish.

Convergence of all that is good. :)

Sorry to say but I'm not a beer guy. Wine, single malt or black strap rum and tonic with a twist of lime

Gosselin's Rum, Jamaican Ginger Beer and a lime. :thumb:

Will you make Oriental for Saturday? Will you stop or just pass by? Should we come for beverages or stay home and do yard work?

Gosselin's Rum, Jamaican Ginger Beer and a lime. :thumb:

Will you make Oriental for Saturday? Will you stop or just pass by? Should we come for beverages or stay home and do yard work?

Hi Bess, he's doing about 80 miles on a good day, currently around MM 460, we're at 180, so that's around 280 miles to go. Currents and other stops notwithstanding, that puts him in Oriental on Monday evening. Daddyo should make his Deltaville destination by Friday week.

I guess I'm generically stalking, but enjoy checking the route time to time and living vicariously through Daddyo's travels.

:)

I think I went over that hole on the fork in the creek. Depth plunged to 80' like it was a cliff. Pretty amazing stuff for a sand and mud bottom.

That's the spot. Couldn't see your position clearly on my iPhone. The tide really scours those creeks.

The inlet you passed before Deweese, but probably didn't see, is called Breach Inlet. It's where the Confederate sub Hunley put to sea to sink the Housatonic.

I singled handed for three round trips from the chesapeake to s fl The hardest part for me was lack of human contact. I would dinghy to shore at night and go to the store just to see people. In the fall it was a 20 to 22 day trip in the spring 15 18 days

Hi Bess, he's doing about 80 miles on a good day, currently around MM 460, we're at 180, so that's around 280 miles to go. Currents and other stops notwithstanding, that puts him in Oriental on Monday evening. Daddyo should make his Deltaville destination by Friday week.

I guess I'm generically stalking, but enjoy checking the route time to time and living vicariously through Daddyo's travels.

:)

Yeah, we're all stalking him! :) Tom and I did the math too. Guess we're doing yard work as planned. I was so looking for a reason to go to the boat this weekend! :D

Yeah, we're all stalking him! :) Tom and I did the math too. Guess we're doing yard work as planned. I was so looking for a reason to go to the boat this weekend! :D

Y'all need a reason?? We'd be there but the kid has a volleyball tourney this weekend in Asheville. We're in the opposite direction. Just have to follow Daddyo on line...

It's about time you woke up and got to going, we've been waiting!

It's not a hurricane but it should get close to exciting...

That's really funny!! My Son (maybe both) and his friend are joining me for the weekend and the plans had to be worked out. GEORGETOWN or CHARLESTON etc. Charleston is full so it's Georgetown. The ICW in these storms today might get interesting as well as the wind shift tonight in Georgetown where some have complained about holding. Hey but it is what it is :)

ForumRunner_20130419_091238.jpg

ForumRunner_20130419_091259.jpg

It's not a hurricane but it should get close to exciting...

Right. I think dropping the hook in the Waccama with be the order of the day for him. After that, it's all man-made cut all the way thru Myrtle Beach to Little River. Of course, the super-cool Osprey Marina is a GREAT place to stop.

Place your bets!

Right. I think dropping the hook in the Waccama with be the order of the day for him. After that, it's all man-made cut all the way thru Myrtle Beach to Little River. Of course, the super-cool Osprey Marina is a GREAT place to stop.

Place your bets!

Tied to a dock would be my preference

Dam. Daddyo.has a lot of pressure on him keeping everybody up to date and happy. Poor guy cannot even sleep in if he is tired. :hide:

This guy just gave me a heads up but then rolled me with a huge wake, go figure?

ForumRunner_20130419_092557.jpg

Bucksport Marina is giving a free pound of their sausage with an over night stay. If you don't stay pick up some anyway. It is really good.

Not exactly protected if it gets nasty

ForumRunner_20130419_095959.jpg

Bucksport Marina is giving a free pound of their sausage with an over night stay. If you don't stay pick up some anyway. It is really good.

That's the funniest/strangest things I've heard in a while:rofl: I'm sure it's good but that sounds really funny!

This guy is gaining on me. Behind him is a Fathom 43.

ForumRunner_20130419_100450.jpg

That's really funny!! My Son (maybe both) and his friend are joining me for the weekend and the plans had to be worked out. GEORGETOWN or CHARLESTON etc. Charleston is full so it's Georgetown. The ICW in these storms today might get interesting as well as the wind shift tonight in Georgetown where some have complained about holding. Hey but it is what it is :)

There are two very nice free day docks in downtown Georgetown. You can hangout there till you figure something out.

That's the funniest/strangest things I've heard in a while:rofl: I'm sure it's good but that sounds really funny!

With storms coming and all, I thought I would lighten your day.

A little caulk and paint and I'm sure I could sell them

ForumRunner_20130419_103644.jpg

ForumRunner_20130419_103658.jpg

Just looks awfully pleasant. I would imagine like our boats it's hard to leave a place like that.

ForumRunner_20130419_104155.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom