Underway Today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks! Never knew.

Might have to check this place out, sounds great.

The low country is a special place. Charleston and the nearby islands have been our home away from home for going on 40 years. Would not be surprised if we retire there.

The low country is a special place. Charleston and the nearby islands have been our home away from home for going on 40 years. Would not be surprised if we retire there.

I'm seriously going to have to check this area out.

And here I've only considered going south...

Still enjoying the photos. Learned that ICW has a lot more twists and turns than I thought. No problem with the AIS on the live map but here is what it shows today when you search your vessel. Note Pacific North again

GRACEPleasure Craft7.325CHARLESTON, SC2013-03-18 14:00 Pacific North2013-04-18 20:12 Show on Map

Angus-I lived in SE NC, just above Myrtle Beach for many years. I have always loved the Low Country, pretty much from Georgetown down to Hilton Head. This was back in the early 70's through the mid-80's, before a lot of the development that has since occurred. I had a good friend who was born and raised on a rice plantation along the S. Edisto River, she did a truly terrific documentary on the Gullah culture for PBS years ago. You should enjoy retirement there!

To me the hurricanes were not as scary as the next fifteen minutes in Elliot Cut. Last time I came through here it was a 6 knt current and the banks are 30 feet away or less.

Not bad only got to 9.5knts

ForumRunner_20130418_172642.jpg

ForumRunner_20130418_172713.jpg

To me the hurricanes were not as scary as the next fifteen minutes in Elliot Cut. Last time I came through here it was a 6 knt current and the banks are 30 feet away or less.

Sounds like Worton Creek in md

God Speed

Or The Rockpile in North Myrtle Beach.

Easy way to track Daddyo is to bookmark this link in your browser:

GRACE - Vessel's Details and Current Position - 0 - 913030566

When the page launches click on the link "current vessel's track" on the left side of the page in the section of "Last position received". Then you will never have to search for Grace again, just use the link on that page........:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Daddyo, you your posts are my favorite place to go when I get home from work, keep them coming:socool:

Just rode up over a hump at mid-tide right smack in the middle of the channel.

This will be the view on and off for the next few days less the storms coming.

ForumRunner_20130418_185358.jpg

ForumRunner_20130418_185431.jpg

There are some spots on the ICW that the call of the greens is strong.

ForumRunner_20130418_185940.jpg

ForumRunner_20130418_185758.jpg

You just shot by the last marina for MILES. Where are you going for the night?

Daddyo-

You have made good time today-a couple of decent anchorages in your general area around Deewees Creek, Whiteside Creek or around MM 450. You need to stop and have a beer!

Looks like he's anchored. Good job Daddyo. You got your 100+ miles in today.:thumb:

If you're anchored, Daddyo, you're just south of a shark hole we sometimes fish. Not the best place for a swim. Some of my wife's family lived for many years just behind that golf course on Isle of Palms. Before Hurricane Hugo, that was all jungle. Great memories.

Angus-I lived in SE NC, just above Myrtle Beach for many years. I have always loved the Low Country, pretty much from Georgetown down to Hilton Head. This was back in the early 70's through the mid-80's, before a lot of the development that has since occurred. I had a good friend who was born and raised on a rice plantation along the S. Edisto River, she did a truly terrific documentary on the Gullah culture for PBS years ago. You should enjoy retirement there!

Thanks, THD. I'll try to check out that film. Development's changed things for sure, but there's still a lot to love about that country.

I think I went over that hole on the fork in the creek. Depth plunged to 80' like it was a cliff. Pretty amazing stuff for a sand and mud bottom.

Tom,
You have to know by now I'm too cheap and too late arriving to justify a marina.

Sorry to say but I'm not a beer guy. Wine, single malt or black strap rum and tonic with a twist of lime

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom