• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

For Sale: 83 Defever 47 $99,900

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beachbum29

Guru
I have no connection to this boat whatsoever. Have no idea of condition, power or anything else.

I saw the flyer at the Halifax Marina in Daytona Beach. It's listed by Yacht Brokers, inc.

I have no link but thought that someone here may be interested.

Not my idea of a DeFever.

I.have 320 hp cats in my boat. At.trawler speed (how i.run). I burn 4 gph total. About 8-9 mph

no they are 3208t. Turbo but no.intercooler. I have never had paper lock issues

Both the 47 POC's linked above need work. I've been on a few...not your typical defever trawler at all but a nice cabin layout. Lack of door @ lower helm and no exterior space aft to speak of always ruled this boat model out for me as a contender. Layout inside is nice though IMO.

Both the 47 POC's linked above need work. I've been on a few...not your typical defever trawler at all but a nice cabin layout. Lack of door @ lower helm and no exterior space aft to speak of always ruled this boat model out for me as a contender. Layout inside is nice though IMO.

Though I'm loathe to return to big fuel drinkers (two Sea Rays in a former age), this baby would be nice when you need to outrun weather, and do well at trawler speed.

What I do not know to the decimal, is how much thirst twin cats have at trawler speed. Anyone have experience with that?

For the moment I'm happy with my single Lehman and 35 foot dockage rates, but would be giddy if I could do 20 knots from time to time in short bursts. And have the room on 47 feet.

Those 3208's at 7 or 7.5 knots ought to only burn around 5-6 GPH (combined). With a beast of a 20KW generator I bet that the gennie is pretty thirtsy though, relatively speaking! One of my good friends has a 48 jefferson CPMY with twin 3208's and he burns around 5-6 at 7 to 7.5 knots. Ability to have some speed now and again is not such a bad thing.
I do like the interior layout of the 47. Like I said, my biggest gripe was lack of outdoor lounging areas...it is pretty much an inside type boat but if you are in cold climates would not be a problem but if you are in hot climates you'd be expecting to put lots of hours on the generator to keep things cooled down inside. The ones I have been on essentially had the aft deck area functioning as an additional enclosed salon with full HVAC, etc. just like the main salon.

Look at the video. The pics are deceiving - this boat needs quite a bit of work. Neglected. Not boneyard, just needs time and muscle.

Now the price makes more sense. I don't think you could find a turn-key 47 footer for that price. Not even close. But IMO these boats still represent great value - so long as you like sundecks.

Those 3208's at 7 or 7.5 knots ought to only burn around 5-6 GPH (combined). With a beast of a 20KW generator I bet that the gennie is pretty thirtsy though, relatively speaking! One of my good friends has a 48 jefferson CPMY with twin 3208's and he burns around 5-6 at 7 to 7.5 knots. Ability to have some speed now and again is not such a bad thing.
I do like the interior layout of the 47. Like I said, my biggest gripe was lack of outdoor lounging areas...it is pretty much an inside type boat but if you are in cold climates would not be a problem but if you are in hot climates you'd be expecting to put lots of hours on the generator to keep things cooled down inside. The ones I have been on essentially had the aft deck area functioning as an additional enclosed salon with full HVAC, etc. just like the main salon.

Maybe I'm wrong but the flybridge area with the hardtop could be screened/ eisenglassed in for some great outdoor areas.

Maybe I'm wrong but the flybridge area with the hardtop could be screened/ eisenglassed in for some great outdoor areas.

I think what Woodsong meant by outdoor area is an area that is open, no roof or eisenglass, somewhere he can have breakfast al-fresca or sunbathe in his speedos (Australian or European style). Right Woodsong?

I think what Woodsong meant by outdoor area is an area that is open, no roof or eisenglass, somewhere he can have breakfast al-fresca or sunbathe in his speedos (Australian or European style). Right Woodsong?

Here in Florida, shade is a given unless you want to be shriveled up shoe leather.

I have no flybridge cover and I bet I get more sun than FL. I'm also not shoe leather.

What does POC stand for? Piece Of Crap?

I lived in Ft. Lauderdale and Hollywood, FL. It gets very hot there and I totally understand needing shade, by the way. I wasn't bragging either. I think our low humidity is a plus here and it lets you enjoy the sun most days. We do get those extremely hot days however and most boats here have a Bimini.

Still don't know what a POC is. Also, that isn't what I think of when I hear Defever. That's more of a condo on the water to me.

Incidentally, Art Defever had a boat built for him and he owned a mooring in Avalon Harbor at Catalina Island. One of my best friends would spend time with him aboard his boat. He sold it last year and he was over 90 and still boating then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom