View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 03:47 AM   #3
Veteran Member
Marc1's Avatar
City: Sydney
Country: Australia
Vessel Model: Steber Persuader
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 72
Staying in Aruba longer than 180 Days

Anyone wanting to stay longer than 180 days in Aruba will need a residence
permit and will not be considered a tourist.

Living and working on Aruba
Persons who want to live and work on Aruba must have a written permit (RESIDENCE PERMIT) from the
Directorate of Alien Integration, Policy and Admission (DIMAS).
For more information contact:
Wilhelminastraat 31-33
Oranjestad, Aruba
Tel. (297) 522 1500
Fax (297) 522 1505

And no, a EU passport will not excempt you from the 180 days limit since you will still be a tursit.

As for rolling your barrel up and down the street, that may do the trick. You will be committed to the local mental health institute for probably more than 180 days.

Apply for residency. See this thread

Moving to Aruba
Non-citizens of Aruba cannot remain on the island for longer than 90 days without a residency permit. *To obtain a permit, you must be able to show financial resources to support yourself (and anyone staying with you) without employment, along with other information. *Contact the immigration authorities in Aruba for details.

The Aruban government introduced a strict immigration policy effective July 1st 2002. The procedure of handling your permit request will be much faster (within a month). However you must have a home available in Aruba before emigrating and you must have a job on the island. You are allowed to stay for a maximum of 3 years on the island and then you must leave the island for 3 years before extending your permit for another 3 years. You are not allowed to bring any family members with you unless they have a job in Aruba as well. Employment will only be available to you if there are no Arubans available to fill that position. You must also have an HIV test done and a proof of general medical good health. You also need a proof of good conduct in the country on which you are residing in at the moment. These are a few of the rules that have been imposed or changed.

Non-citizens (visitors) of Aruba cannot stay more than 90 days without a residency permit. To get a permit you must show financial resources to support yourself (and anyone with you) without employment. There are other requirements. Please contact the immigration authorities in Aruba for details.

For more information:

Caya Dick Cooper 11
San Nicolas, Aruba
Tel: (297) 5843322
Fax: (297) 5843258/5843534

Can you collect SS cheques whilst living in another country?

-- Edited by Marc1 on Wednesday 22nd of July 2009 03:53:27 AM
Marc1 is offline   Reply With Quote