Adding Heat to a Californian 34

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What?? No pics? Are you SURE you installed the Wallas 40? :socool: ;)

Is it oversized for the boat? If you did it again, would you go with the Wallas 30?

Will be wrenching on the boat tomorrow and promise to take pics. Ended up installing heater in ER. Wanted it under seat in salon but was to bulky. Ran duct number one into salon above steps and the duct two through pullman berth into v berth with vents in each. I think a 30 is a little better suited for 90% of the time. The thing moves a lot of air for a 34' boat. I only went with a 40 cause the Californian really fogs up when we come in out of the wet. And it was only 300 bucks more than a 30. Course would have saved same amount if buying a 30 at the boatshow. Only thing I'm not sure about is both cold air returns are in ER. May route one outside and other near back of salon somewhere.

40DT under helm seat. Install a snap. 40 is just barely enough heat for main salon, aft cabin and aft head in 30-40 degree temps and wind. Single hot vent exiting in front of seat a little noisy...one vent aft head tee's in to main cabin (long run of ducting fitted nicely under side deck all the way and quieter) and exhaust is short and right out hull side just above rub rail.

Attachments

• Photo760.jpg
    Photo760.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom