Litton Trawler Any Info/Advice please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mkeboat

Greetings All,

I'm hopefully going to be new to the Trawler community so I've got a whole bunch of questions.* I've had my eye on a 41' Litton trawler with twin Ford Lehman diesels.*

No question she's a project but with more time than $$$ and two brothers who are willing to help I'm seriously contemplating the purchase.

From my basic research*I can tell that the Litton brand is a rare boat and I know that the company is long gone and that she was made in Taiwan.*

I did a search of the Trawler Forum and only found one poster who's admitting to owning a Litton and his last post was in 2008.* I tried sending him a message through the forum but don't have much hope of getting a reply.

Anyone else have any sources for Litton info.* Like what I should be looking for regarding problems or just general advice on problems with Littons.

My background in boating is all with sportfisherman style boats so I'm a big fan of flybridges and twin screws.* I'm starting a family and like the idea of*more space and*being able to travel rather economically as compared to twin gas burning 454's.

Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks!

Kurt Zellmann
Milwaukee, WI *

Kurt,
** Good luck on your quest.* Shouldn't have to be said but get GOOD hull and machinery surveys PERIOD.* Condition isn't based so much on make but what maintenance she has had or not had.* Many on this forum have taken somewhat sow's ears and now have silk purses.** What MAJOR problems are found in the survey will determine how far your $$ will go.* I understand you've got time, but materials may spend your dream quickly.*

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom