Underway Today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm too cheap to do marinas when transiting.

I'm with you. My spouse needs some counseling in this area - do you charge reasonable rates?

Love to anchor more than anything. I like hull slap. Been sleeping on boats since I was 2.

For those who missed it. A pic of the Lehman Brothers

This looks like an engine room I saw at Trawlerfest in Baltimore, but it was a DeFever 49 pilot house. I love the vise to the left. Looks like a workshop. Decent headroom.

Headroom on mine is 5'-8". You can easily lower the center walk and get it over 6' if you wanted to. It's a great place to work. Even outboard of the engines is about two feet.

Headroom on mine is 5'-8". You can easily lower the center walk and get it over 6' if you wanted to. It's a great place to work. Even outboard of the engines is about two feet.

I have to pull deck hatches :(. But love my (ADC) Lehman.

Attachments

• image-255022191.jpg
    image-255022191.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 98
If you're still in the ditch when you leave Charleston, wave :hello: to my cousins on Goat Island. They're right across from Isle of Palms Marina.

In case you've somehow missed it, you can track his progress live, while it's actually happening, whether underway or stopped, per post #1 and several other posts as well.

It doesn't display properly on my droid

Dense fog, this should be fun in this ditch it's IFR this morning

ForumRunner_20130417_065340.jpg

How quickly things change :)

ForumRunner_20130417_070257.jpg

ForumRunner_20130417_070310.jpg

I just caught up, great looking trip. Your updates make my days of swinging a hammer go by quicker. Thanks

I agree with Swampu. It's been a great trip--for me. Thanks for sharing.

Safe journey
Chris

Your welcome. Nice to have everyone along. Best part the boat isn't even crowded :) now if I could just get one of you to take a shift I could go sit on the aft deck and enjoy my favorite views

Your welcome. Nice to have everyone along. Best part the boat isn't even crowded :) now if I could just get one of you to take a shift I could go sit on the aft deck and enjoy my favorite views

Nice to watch your journey. Vicariously plotting your path as my own boat runs the same general speed and also powered by Lehman. "Pardon our stalking." :)

Just jealous because work schedule and family activities has slowed my maintenance schedule and on board time. Will miss your pass through the Neuse in NC, but maybe Tom and Bess will buy your beer at M&Ms for me.

Safe travels.

Nice to see the pros mess up sometimes too. He's hard aground.

ForumRunner_20130417_084908.jpg

ForumRunner_20130417_084935.jpg

That's something I could live with

ForumRunner_20130417_085224.jpg

ForumRunner_20130417_085245.jpg

Welcome to Geooogia

ForumRunner_20130417_085554.jpg

ForumRunner_20130417_085622.jpg

Last edited:
Much to my surprise there are porpoises in this river.:thumb:

Mark, I hope you tipped your hat to Moon River as you passed.:D

Savannah was the home of Johnny Mercer. You will be going near his grave at Bonaventure Cemetery as you pass Thunderbolt. The cemetery is between the two bridges. On the marble slab over his grave is engraved "and the Angels sang", and his wife's "you must have been a beautiful baby".

Just a little trivia as you move along.

Mark, watch for shoaling on the north end of Fields Cut. The last I heard was to favor the reds. Take it slowly.

Yep went right by Moon River! Moonstruck,
Thanks for the heads up, thankfully I've got this beautiful Stevens to follow

ForumRunner_20130417_103509.jpg

ForumRunner_20130417_103520.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom