Bay Area Canvas Makers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vineline

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
B-Side
Vessel Make
1976 Trojan 54
Looking for a recommendation for someone to build a custom Bimini enclosure for my flybridge.

I'm based in SF but anyway in the bay is cool.

DO NOT USE ANDY FROM GRAND MARINA IN ALAMEDA. Apparently accountability and attention to his customers is furthest from his mind. I've been calling for a quote for over 3 weeks, when I finally get him on the line he quoted the wrong thing.

If your going to get my business you at least need to act like you want it.

Call Starbuck Canvas in Sausalito. He did our canvas about 20 years ago and I'm having him do it again! Good people.

I love my canvas guy but not sure if he does the stainless frames. I'll PM you w his contact info.

Thanks for the response!

I've found that six months is about the right expectation for any work done on the boat

Don't know anything about the price but some of the canvas that was on our boat when we bought it was from "The Canvas Man" in Alameda. The canvas (Sunbrella) has held up remakably well. Not so the seams but I'm assuming they were all done before Tenara thread from Gore was available. My wife has been repairing seams as they fail with Tenara, which has saved the canvas covers.

I've found that six months is about the right expectation for any work done on the boat

I'm amazed how horrible service is in the marine industry. Comical actually.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom