Underway Today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, you need to load the marinetraffic app. It's how I receive AIS as well as transmit.

Oh, cool, the app is like $3.99.

Beats 600 for the transmitter!

Yep offshore at St Aug to Charleston
have a safe trip.leaving tues morn with a delivery to ny,58 Viking princess might catch you on the way up the name of the boat I Bella Serena.will look for you on the ais. leaving from ft laud. weather permitting it will be a five day trip,

Sceptic,
Very cool!! Thanks for taking the time to do this. I've never had the chance to see me underway, neat!!:thumb:

Who is going to play me in the movie?:popcorn:

Sceptic,
Very cool!! Thanks for taking the time to do this. I've never had the chance to see me underway, neat!!:thumb:

Who is going to play me in the movie?:popcorn:

The way you are running it will have to be Clint Eastwood. He would be the only one tough enough. On the other hand. would the actor being able to hold his pee be more important?

I'm going with the pee talent. I guess that would rule out Pee Wee Herman. Sorry had to do it:hide:

Last edited:
I'm going with the pee talent. I guess that would rule out Pee Wee Herman, Had to do it:hide:

Daddyo, if you can come up with lines li!ke that, you should play yourself!:socool:

Daddyo,

It was my pleasure, In a email you said you could see my little DeFever when you went by, so I’m sure you understand why we went just a mile or two to the public park to take the pictures - no trees, and no boats in the way. We only waited 10 mins.

I consider it our first attempt. Several of our fellow DeFever owners will be coming by soon.

Hope to get better at it.

Mike

Daddyo,

It was my pleasure, In a email you said you could see my little DeFever when you went by, so I’m sure you understand why we went just a mile or two to the public park to take the pictures - no trees, and no boats in the way. We only waited 10 mins.

I consider it our first attempt. Several of our fellow DeFever owners will be coming by soon.

Hope to get better at it.

Mike

Well I think it's awesome, thanks!!

Attachments

• 20130415_062403.jpg
    20130415_062403.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 86
  • 20130415_064507.jpg
    20130415_064507.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 87
  • 20130415_064603.jpg
    20130415_064603.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 84
  • 20130415_070947.jpg
    20130415_070947.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 88
  • 20130415_071007.jpg
    20130415_071007.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 86
  • 20130415_071308.jpg
    20130415_071308.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 87
  • 20130415_071318.jpg
    20130415_071318.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
I have been using the mobile app to post pics recently and I realize now that it is rubbish:banghead: As you can see from these the only way to go is the long way of camera to computer, etc. Sorry for the other poor quality stuff.

Morning traffic jamb and pandering to you birdies

Attachments

• 20130415_074346.jpg
    20130415_074346.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 96
  • 20130415_074247.jpg
    20130415_074247.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 93
The images look fine on my droid

Did you moor just north of the bridge?

Looks like 2-4, showers and 10-15 knot winds from the southwest today. Too bad you can't throw up a mainsail on that puppy...

;)

Last edited:
I have been using the mobile app to post pics recently and I realize now that it is rubbish:banghead: As you can see from these the only way to go is the long way of camera to computer, etc. Sorry for the other poor quality stuff.

Morning traffic jamb and pandering to you birdies

You are too modest.

It's been a blast to see all the pics underway. I was 30 miles out of Raleigh when I realized I left the Canon at home this past weekend in Oriental. Just had to make due with the iPhone. But wished I had the Canon and my assortment of lenses.

Keep snapping. Pics much appreciated.

The images look fine on my droid

Did you moor just north of the bridge?

Looks like 2-4, showers and 10-15 knot winds from the southwest today. Too bad you can't throw up a mainsail on that puppy...

;)

Yep, just beside the bridge. Going out at Jacksonville. The next big project is exactly that. I'm going to put a mast on where there was one originally albeit smaller and install a rather large furling genoa. The mast will include a crows nest, etc. It's a win/win on so many levels. 2-3knts boat speed, roll resistance, high mounted antenna, look out, and just really cool!

Yep, just beside the bridge. Going out at Jacksonville. The next big project is exactly that. I'm going to put a mast on where there was one originally albeit smaller and install a rather large furling genoa. The mast will include a crows nest, etc. It's a win/win on so many levels. 2-3knts boat speed, roll resistance, high mounted antenna, look out, and just really cool!

That may be a first. A sail boat fishing with outriggers deployed. Never saw that one before.

Hopefully you'll catch the St John's river on an outgoing tide.

The mast idea sounds great. I'm sure everyone wants pics of it when completed.

Enjoy your day.

I will head toward Charleston and if all is well peel off to Beaufort, NC

ForumRunner_20130415_092654.jpg

. A rhumb line to Beaufort from Jacksonville puts me too far out as my liferaft hasn't been certified since 1993 :)

Mark,

Hopefully I'll have a contract on one of my houses by the time you get settled in up north and then we can go boat shopping! Good luck and be safe, we'll be watching.

Back
Top Bottom