Underway Today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Daddyo,
Watching your AIS track this morning...I'm no expert...but isn't Maine in the other direction? I think you are supposed to keep most of the big water on your right and the dirt on the left.....Hope all is well:)

Stop in Newburyport, MA on your way by.

-Donny

Daddyo,
Watching your AIS track this morning...I'm no expert...but isn't Maine in the other direction? I think you are supposed to keep most of the big water on your right and the dirt on the left.....Hope all is well:)

Stop in Newburyport, MA on your way by.

-Donny

Had to haul out this morning to check a cutlass bearing. Off in the right direction tomorrow

Great shots, great trip !
Question, if you had to stay inside the whole way, would the 5' draft be a problem for you? (or any 5' draft vessel)
Enjoy!

No not a problem, but man I don't want to be inside the whole way. I prefer the ocean runs personally. Weather isn't cooperating with me at the moment. If you hit any uncharted shoaling it's going to be sand or mud and no worries. I like to think of it as keel cleaners!

Oddly enough no, but the other one is on it's last legs. Man I hate theese bridges!!!!!!!!

Well at least you will pass the concrete canyon before the weekend, man that is the worst You have made good progress ,what time did you get underway ?

Underway about 6:15. An abandoned dock line got sucked into it. Weather should break tomorrow and I can finally get off shore!!

The most controversial yacht in the world. Steve Jobs last thing

ForumRunner_20130412_135544.jpg

ForumRunner_20130412_135601.jpg

Last edited:
A bit of lightning in there too....

Attachments

• 4-12-2013 4-10-53 PM.jpg
    4-12-2013 4-10-53 PM.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 82
Daddyo, we are at Fort Pierce. Skies are looking pretty bleak to the South---much lighter to the North. Where are you thinking of holding up for the night? Will you be near Peck Lake or Manatee Pocket?

Hi Don,
No real plans just going to push on till I'm tired. Got up at 4:00. Can't sleep when I'm leaving early :eek: Storms over, just a good boat bath.

Put in a solid 14hrs. Time to call it a day and use the head. Offshore tomorrow for a few days straight hopefully. Won't have connection for a bit. If I don't show up on the AIS after a few days please call the USCG.:eek:

Looks like generally 3-4 with winds picking up the further north you go.

Last edited:
Well it looks like offshore is delayed a day :facepalm: Clients have decided they have boats they want:thumb: so email essential and storms crossing the area with 45knts in them added to a persistent 3-4' today. Good part is inshore is the same distance as off in this area:thumb:

Daddyo, you just by blew us like we were sitting still. Oh yeah, that's right, we were sitting still. Your track shows a little jog to the East. Is that where you anchored for the night in the Indian River? Raining like crazy here too.

Last edited:
Yep that is an "anchorage" on activecaptain. Really just a spot with 6-7' of water and zero protection but non needed last night. I've anchored in the middle of the Chesapeake and the Gulf of Maine when there was no need to seek shelter. It's funny how we tend to needlessly go out of our way to curl up like puppies when anchoring:rofl:

Don,

ForumRunner_20130413_083733.jpg

That's looking back toward you.

Just realized I have been running for the last two hours with my snubber dragging in the water off the bow:banghead::facepalm::eek::hide:

For those joining recently:
You can track me on marinetraffic.com search "Grace" or MMSI# 913030566

I'm jealous.
At 8:30 I was leaving ft. piece, by car, driving to pbi to fly back to nyc for a week.

I'll start mytrip north at the end of April.
Thought it would be kind of exciting to be cruising thru that line of TS.

Godspeed

The storms are fun, most of the time. Forgot to mention I fueled by truck in Lauderdale for $3.60 a gallon tax incl. Always fuel by truck if possible, better price and fresh fuel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom