View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 10:54 PM   #64
Al
Guru

City: ketchikan, Alaska
Vessel Name: 'SLO'~BELLE
Vessel Model: 1978 Marben-27' Flybridge Trawler(extended to 30 feet) Pilothouse Pocket Cruiser[
Bob, Those three examples of Bayliners are jewels! Were they in our part of the country at those prices, would be snapped up Johnny Quick Time!!

I agree with those thoughts that knowing the basic day to day servicing of a diesel engine with time used, will give you continued building comfort for boating. I have not read any post that suggest that you include a specific inspection by a qualified diesel doctor above and beyond the usual boat surveyor unless that surveyor is qualified. It has been a comfort to us in our boat purchases to have a specific inspection. As to daily process of maintenance, you should take notes from the seller as to what and where everything is located. Keep his number on speed dial for the first six months. Owners that I have dealt with have been fair and Johnny on the Rat hole, with assistance.
Good luck, finding the perfect boat is a life long quest. Take your time and as hard as it is, don't let your heart override your brain on the final decision.
Regards,
Al Johnson- Ketchikan (Bridge to Nowhere) Alaska
Al is offline   Reply With Quote