• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

For Sale: St. Croix Crane & Dinghy Lifting Sling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TXCruiser

Vessel Name
Soaring Eagle
Vessel Make
34' Californian
St Croix Little Crane w/ Universal 3 point Dinghy Sling. Both $600 new, asking $275 including shipping.

Used for 3 summers in AK but not longer needed in TX.

St Croix Crane:
60" high; 30" reach
175 lb. lifting capacity
75' of 5/16" braided line
All Stainless Steel Construction
Easy to remove; no tools required
Crane arm & pole allow 360 degree swings
Hook Pulley has 3 rollers and hook swivels
Rail mount adapters for 7/8" and 1" rails
Base mount accommodates all angle surfaces from horizontal to vertical
St Croix Crane.jpg
IMG_0807.jpg

Dinghy Lifting Sling:

Fits conventional inflatables up to 14"
Three adjustable cargo style straps w/ hoisting ring
Stainless Steel hardware
450 lb. lifting capacity
Dingy Lifting Sling.jpg

Hi TX Cruiser, any idea of the weight of the St Croix? It might work for a project I have in mind, but shipping rates to Oz can be a killer.

By the way welcome to the forum.

Hi TX Cruiser, any idea of the weight of the St Croix? It might work for a project I have in mind, but shipping rates to Oz can be a killer.

By the way welcome to the forum.

Andy G, according to the manufacturers, the crane weights 27 lbs. and the dinghy sling weights 2 lbs.

They are both in excellent shape so if you were thinking of buying these items anyway, the shipping would likely be the same so, buying used would put you $ ahead.

Rick

Rick, if you're not sending it to Australia, I'll take it.

It's a good bargain. The reach and capacity aren't quite enough for my own project....but meanwhile I'm spending a boat unit to make another one work for me, and it's not going to be nearly as tidy and unobtrusive as this one.

OK, if it is still available I'll take it. Not sure how to arrange shipping, any ideas?

Send it to Sergio, he'll get there eventually!!!

OK, let me get in line here...if it doesn't work out for Sergio or Baggs, I'll take it here in FL.

I'm in the lineup somewhere too. I've been conversing with him via PM.

OK, if it is still available I'll take it. Not sure how to arrange shipping, any ideas?
Good buy Andy, hope you get it. I get stuff delivered by USPS, seems to be economical and quick, but I think an odd shaped 30lbs will cost several hundred $.

Phew, this is one popular item.

OK TX Cruiser who gets first bite of the cherry? I have sorted out shipping, so am ready to go.

What's going on? Baggiolini did you buy it, or Northern Spy, Healhustler you?

Anybody?

In the best Sergeant Shuiltz voice I can muster: I know NOTHING!:rofl:

He is probably off doing what we should be doing, cruising on the boat, not trying to figure out what we can do with new hardware from the office.

Well it wasn't me. I don't even know where I am in line. I just have this pocket full of cash and nothing to show for it. I figured it probably cleared the flight to Sidney and was on a UPS truck to Pittwater by now.

Last edited:
I'm still here! I guess I underpriced it. The ball is in Northern Spy's court right now.

OH, well in that case, I'll bid 250 for it and Photo-Shop another 250 to whoever sends me the items in question.;)

Seriously though, I don't think you priced the item so low. It's a very handy, compact item with lots of practical uses and easy to mount, etc.. We're chomping at you here a little, but we've all got boats so we probably don't have any money. I'd have to use my Admiral's birthday money.

That was a strange little interlude, well done Northern Spy. Looks like I will be buying the Garhauer unit for $321

Looks like I will be buying the Garhauer unit for $321
Andy, guessing it`s like the St Croix, where would you fit it, where will the dinghy sit, can you leave the outboard attached?

Last edited:
Congrats, Northern Spy. I was thinking that it is quite nicely sized and finished to look appropriate on a Nordic 26.

Andy, guessing it`s like the St Croix, where would you fit it, where will the dinghy sit, can you leave the outboard attached?

Yes it's similar, slightly longer arm at 34". It's not for the dingy, it's for the two Kayaks I've got.I plan to have a SS bracket made so they can be stowed on top of the aft cabin roof, across the boat. That's the plan anyway.

Just a quick follow up.

The good news: TXCruiser was great to do business with. The crane was well packed and shipped in a timely manner. The crane was in very good condition and even included manuals.

The bad news: I had it shipped to my parents house in the Finger Lakes of NY. They opened the box and liked it. They really, really liked it. So much that it is being mounted on their Mainship to lift Mom's kayak on the fore deck. They are even thinking about getting another mount to use for stern.

Sigh.

LOL. That's a hoot, NS. After everything, you still ended up empty handed. Just after you made the deal, I found the one I was looking for in a Marine Salvage joint here in Stuart, FL. Cost me about 550 bucks including installation, and I'm trying to make up my mind about the kind of winch to install.....manual or electric.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom