Old 04-10-2013, 02:50 PM   #137
SomeSailor
Guru

City: Everett, WA
Vessel Name: Honey Badger
Vessel Model: 42' CHB Europa
Quote:
Originally Posted by caltexflanc View Post
Well, you have created a form of sub-panel , missing a critical element, a large breaker between the inverter and the sub-circuits.
All of the circuit protection is there. It's the same path it always has. Whether I am inverting, generating or passing though shore power, the path always contains both a main and a sub-circuit breaker.

I don't see a sub-panel, just an inline inverter.

Quote:
I had the room and the motivation to do this the right way, per Magnum's directions and generally accepted practice.
And the inclination to be so strident in the belief that your way is somehow superior?

Quote:
Not only is my system safer on one hand, it is more convenient on the other in that there is no human interaction and thus potential for human error, involved.
Mine requires no interaction. I simply switch from shore to ships power. My genset operates the same way. I see no huge inconvenience.

Quote:
Like I said, a larger and more complex boat than most, but a virtual no-brainer to operate the AC system as testified by husband and wife who have been using it the past 5 1/2 years.
Larger and more complex than most. Yeah right....
SomeSailor is offline   Reply With Quote