View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 12:56 PM   #70
Nomad Willy
Guru

City: Concrete Washington State
Vessel Name: Willy
Vessel Model: Willard Nomad 30'
I'm sure everybody thinks they know of whom you speak Art but what is wrong w having the last word? Some people like you, Marin and I have lots of words. It's like having lots of ammunition. You're bound to get in the last shot if you've got much more ammo and having the last word here is mostly because you've got a lot to say. But ther'e are people that NEED to have the last word and need to "win" and do so (in their mind) buy having the last say as if the others all caved into their idea. I've found myself repeating myself and not liking myself for it and now I try hard not to go there. I remember ending an argument/debate w Marin taking the "no comment" (in other words) and he readily agreed. He obviously agreed. If a point has been made why make it again? And then there's another similar way of looking at it and that is to take stock of how many times have you made point A and how many times has the other guy made point B. Then if you not only get in the greatest number of statements and get in the last word too ..... You're da man by this/these methods and standards.

In the past I did care about the winning but now I don't have any points to tally as most everybody knows me well enough and I feel free to say mostly whatever I want and think. My age gives me that in the real world too. And here on TF I do think there is a lot less ego driven conversation and personal attacks/threats than there was 4 years ago.

North Western Washington State USA
Nomad Willy is offline   Reply With Quote