Houma to Apalachicola

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve

Guru
Vessel Name
Gumbo
Vessel Make
2003 Monk 36
We left our home port of Houma, Louisiana about 60 miles west of New Orleans Tuesday morning March 27. We were in "delivery mode" the first 5 days as we were meeting one of our son's and his family for a week in Destin Fl. Today they returned home to Baton Rouge and tomorrow, Sunday, we continue slowly Eastward to Apalachicola where we turn back to be home mid May.
We usually travel down Florida's west coast but didn't have enough time available this year. I'll be updaing the blog daily starting tomorrow the first 5 days are already posted.
Any forum members along the way please contact me maybe we can meet up.

We left our home port of Houma, Louisiana about 60 miles west of New Orleans Tuesday morning March 27. We were in "delivery mode" the first 5 days as we were meeting one of our son's and his family for a week in Destin Fl. Today they returned home to Baton Rouge and tomorrow, Sunday, we continue slowly Eastward to Apalachicola where we turn back to be home mid May.
We usually travel down Florida's west coast but didn't have enough time available this year. I'll be updaing the blog daily starting tomorrow the first 5 days are already posted.
Any forum members along the way please contact me maybe we can meet up.

Saw your blog. Wonderful pictures. Very envious.

Fair winds!

Great blog! Thanks for sharing, both the cruising and the pictures. Enjoy Apalachicola, and do not miss the oysters. No decent place to eat in Carrabelle these days, by the way, if you are thinking of doing an overnight stop there.

John

Oh, and let me know when you will be in Apalachicola. I'll try to run down there and visit.

John

Oh, and let me know when you will be in Apalachicola. I'll try to run down there and visit.

John

Our plan is to leave Panama City Tuesday morning and be in Apalachicola that evening we'll probably stay there till Friday then move over to Port St. Joe.
I'm sending a private message to your profile page with my contact information just give me a call if you can come over.
Apalachicola oysters are so good I tell the waiters they must be bringing them in from Louisiana!
We'll be staying at Scipio Creek Marina.
Steve

OK, I'll run over there on Wednesday. Got the contact info, and will call before I come. Looking forward to meeting you and seeing the boat.

John

OK, I'll run over there on Wednesday. Got the contact info, and will call before I come. Looking forward to meeting you and seeing the boat.

John
Sounds good just give a call when you leave so we'll be sure to be at the boat.
Steve

Uh oh. Gotta cancel, Steve. Bummer! I was looking forward not only to a good visit with you, but also a trip to St. George and a visit to a friend in Carrabelle. But my ex tells me that my daughter is having surgery on Wednesday afternoon, and that I WILL be there! Since I am neither a doctor nor a nurse, I am not sure just why I have to be there. But my name will be mud if I am not there. The best laid plans of mice and men . . .

Anyway, I apologize for any inconvenience, and hope to eventually meet you.

John

No problem at all, best wishes for your daughter's operation. We should be through here again next year we'll keep in touch.

Back
Top Bottom