Seeking Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jt13fl

We are searching for a bigger boat from our 22 Angler WAC. Mainship 30/34 Rumrunner/Pilot, (single diesel), Wellcraft 33 Coastal (all are twin I/O, diesel, or O/B) Albin 28/31TE (single diesel) all in search. I am 67, somewhat limited due to 2 rotator cuff surgeries, 1 wrist redo and 1/2 knee implant. we live in NW Fl, and want to cruise the ICW, go to Jacksonville to visit son, and explore overnights with our 2 small dogs. Seeking advice on ease of operation, fuel/maintenance issues relative to the boats listed. Any advice on major issues will be appreciated. I have 10K lift capacity with 11' max beam, and a couple of the choices would fit the lift, although not a major player. Interior nice bed, nice galley, genset, modern electronics, aft deck area for fishing, planing. Appreciate all inputs.

Welcome to the forum.

With mobility issues a transom door access to the swim platform would be high on my wish list.

I know my next boat will have one and I have no mobility issues.

Seeking Advice.

Thanks for the reply. A transom door is a plus, I agree. I am not so much mobility limited as strength limited, a major concern with the 'gottadoits' that occur on a bigger boat. Thanks.

Then a great windlass for anchor handling moves up that list too, if you anchor much. If your doing all maintenance and repairs a clean, open, well laid out engine room is important. Thrusters will make docking a breeze.

Notice brands aren't high up my list. Quality well laid out simple features that add to boating comfort are. Better to do a few things well than many things poorly in my opinion.

For us, an easy davit system to operate the dinghy was essential. It is not easy to lift a dinghy onto a swim step without a good davit system. If you have to lift a dinghy to a fly bridge then the issue is even more important.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom