One-off Krogen 61 Steeler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Bucky
Vessel Make
Krogen Manatee 36 North Sea
Among the plethora of lesser known Krogen designs is this one-off steel-hulled 61 foot cruiser. It's a single engined diesel with full keel and skeg protected prop, but I don't know what the power is. The owner describes a get-home set-up consisting of a 25 HP electric motor, belted to the shaft and powered by the ample KW genset, used once in 10 years. They mostly coastal and island cruise, but have also had the boat in the Mediterranean. Looking at the photos, the only indication of its girth is the hause storage for the twin anchors.

Attachments

• cloverleaf Krogen 61.jpg
    cloverleaf Krogen 61.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 255
  • cloverleaf].jpg
    cloverleaf].jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 191
  • cloverleaf2.jpg
    cloverleaf2.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 216
  • cloverleaf helm.jpg
    cloverleaf helm.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 196
The owners are a great couple well into their 80s!! They liveaboard cruising the US east coast and Bahamas these days. They rarely use the the huge flybridge. The boat has a single 3000amp hours traction battery. When I went aboard a few years ago in the Chesapeake their boat they had not been tied to shore in over six months. The salon and aft deck areas are huge. I saw them again this last summer in Rockland Maine still having a great time and out at anchor.

What a great looking boat and a neat story about the couple who own it. If they have a blog I'd love to read it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom