Sundowner Tug - magazine cover photo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MurrayM

Guru
Vessel Name
Badger
Vessel Make
30' Sundowner Tug
Sure it's a magazine for used boats, but what better vessel to fire the imaginations of all those boat owner wannabe's than the all business, minimal bling, sensible lines of a 30' Sundowner Tug?

*Original poster admits a slight bias :D

Attachments

• Boat Journal Cover.jpg
    Boat Journal Cover.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 438
Sundowner 36.

I credit these guys with my interest in the trawler world. Followed their blog for nearly a year as they did the loop in their Sundowner 36. Capable boat.

http://dnkcruising.blogspot.com/

Last edited:
Those are great looking boats, first one I have seen.

What? Wannabe (forward slanting) pilothouse windows? ;)

You bet. The snowflakes get so big here they don't melt when you catch them on your tongue, so you have to chew them...

Yeah, if their designer hadn't of gone to lunch when it was time to draw the pilothouse windows the Sundowner would have been good looking in that department, too. As it was, I guess the windows were drawn by the janitor.:)

With cars the designer always goes to lunch when it's time to design the back end. With boats it often seems to be the pilothouse.

Actually, apart from the awkward pilothouse (my opinion) the Sundowner looks exactly like a Nordic Tug (or visa versa). Which one came first?

Last edited:
Nordic did in 1980, with Sundowner a year later. Built by Ho Hsing, who also built some of the Hans Christians, and apparently Senator trawlers.

Last edited:
Sure it's a magazine for used boats, but what better vessel to fire the imaginations of all those boat owner wannabe's than the all business, minimal bling, sensible lines of a 30' Sundowner Tug?

*Original poster admits a slight bias :D

Sorry, Murray, I didn't even see it. I mean I like Sundowners, and Nordics, but all I saw at first was the Romsdal trawler, Mareva. :)

Sorry, Murray, I didn't even see it. I mean I like Sundowners, and Nordics, but all I saw at first was the Romsdal trawler, Mareva. :)

I was wondering who would recognize the one in the background, and how long it would take. Congrats!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom