Perkins manifold drain or zinc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gulfstar 36

Vessel Name
Sundowner
Vessel Make
Gulfstar 36 MrkII
I have these in both of my 4.236 manifolds they look like zincs but the book only stats one in the exchanger.

Attachments

• manifold.jpg
    manifold.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 79
That's the drain. That's where mine is on our 6.354. Mine is a square-head though.

Yup! Same here. No anode in the manifold.

Thanks for reminding me I need to replace my port HX zinc. I have it in the tool box but hate the idea of changing it and causing a bigger problem! Since I'm in fresh water, it's not been a major concern of mine. But I'm considering a move to salt/brackish water soon.

I'm not an expert on the 4.236... but it looks like someone put a zinc in it. It has the same head as all of my smaller zincs...

This would not surprise me, notice the Teflon tape, all the zincs on this boat had this when I bought her. :angel:

I'm not an expert on the 4.236... but it looks like someone put a zinc in it. It has the same head as all of my smaller zincs...

This would not surprise me, notice the Teflon tape, all the zincs on this boat had this when I bought her. :angel:

Teflon tape on screw in zincs......??:banghead: Not much protection going on there!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom