Hello.....From North Carolina

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
To let everyone know we have our survey for April 3 and we are very excited. Looking forward to getting out of Raleigh and starting our new adventure.

To let everyone know we have our survey for April 3 and we are very excited. Looking forward to getting out of Raleigh and starting our new adventure.

Sea Trial same day? (Prolly not since your boat is big - surveyor will spend some time...)

Yes .....sea trial is the same day.....we have a pretty good haul to get to the haulout......so sea trial while we are on our way.

Where are you hauling out??

Good plan! We just spent three months at Wayfarers. Good Yard. We had three previous visits to Sailcraft. I think Wayfarer's lift slip a much easier approach. Deaton's is also a good choice.

Good Luck!!! So excited for you!!

Ok.....seal trail and survey went well......there were a few things that need attention but when aren't there. But overall everything was good. We are going to start moving on board 4/7/13 and then will be moving her to NWC the week after the Oriental Boat Show. Hope to see alot of you folks there.......I will be working with the guys from Neptune Yacht Sales Fri-Sun........come on by and say Hello.

We will be there handing out tequila to friends at the show. Are you in Oriental now?

No.....In Raleigh right now but I will start moving stuff aboard on Sun......and will be there Fri-Sun next week.

Congratulations! Going to get hot in Florida pretty soon, so am going to wish I were in North Carolina again. :-( Oh well. Only so much enjoyment allotted in life I guess.

John

Ok.....seal trail and survey went well......there were a few things that need attention but when aren't there. But overall everything was good. We are going to start moving on board 4/7/13 and then will be moving her to NWC the week after the Oriental Boat Show. Hope to see alot of you folks there.......I will be working with the guys from Neptune Yacht Sales Fri-Sun........come on by and say Hello.

We are a couple of years from our boat purchase. Is this show a good opportunity to see a variety of trawlers? We've already fallen in love with a Krogen 42, but would like to see what else is out there.

We are a couple of years from our boat purchase. Is this show a good opportunity to see a variety of trawlers? We've already fallen in love with a Krogen 42, but would like to see what else is out there.

There will be a couple of powerboats there for sure, but Krogen's? Probably not. Besides that, Oriental is "The Sailing Capital of North Carolina". So there will be an abundance of stick-boats there. We know there will be a broker there with four powerboats and I would bank there will be a few more than that.

Tom-

How do you get a trawler into Beard Creek? Isn't that next to Camp Seafarer?

I've been in there with my sketchy depth finder. You get a trawler into Beard Creek - VERY CAREFULLY.

Gave the bottom a nice, affectionate rub, but no hard grounding. Surface on bottom is chocolate-pudding mud. Peaceful place.:blush:

Hi Mike,

Last year I think I remember about 8 or 9 true trawlers or quasi-trawlers (slower motor yachts) there. They usually have about 10-12 sailboats, and a smattering of sport-fishers and picnic boat designs. Its good to see the service vendors too. Who does what, get to know who provides what expertise and yack with them.

A few people out there that actually sell there own boats and will tell you what to look for on which kinds of engines. Really a good visit if you are leisurely and like to ask alot of questions.

Cheers,

No.....In Raleigh right now but I will start moving stuff aboard on Sun......and will be there Fri-Sun next week.

Congrats!

Huge Boat. Don't lose your wife on her. When do you officially "live aboard"? Are you keeping land property or doing the full Monty?

NWC is really a nice place, we haven't gotten around to a long stay there, but it's deep water and has most everything boat-ish.

Hi Mike,

Last year I think I remember about 8 or 9 true trawlers or quasi-trawlers (slower motor yachts) there. They usually have about 10-12 sailboats, and a smattering of sport-fishers and picnic boat designs. Its good to see the service vendors too. Who does what, get to know who provides what expertise and yack with them.

A few people out there that actually sell there own boats and will tell you what to look for on which kinds of engines. Really a good visit if you are leisurely and like to ask alot of questions.

Cheers,

Thanks for the info Ben. We might make the trip from Virginia Beach.

Thanks for the info Ben. We might make the trip from Virginia Beach.

Hi Mike,
Well it was less impressive this year on the trawler end. Not sure what your range is, but they had a huge Mainship 45, for about 330k and a bunch of sportfish/convertibles. One tug layout too. Not a great image of the Mainship, but you get the idea.

Attachments

• image-1244478697.jpg
    image-1244478697.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 70
Hey Tom and Ben, good to see you yesterday at the show. The only boat that drew my eye was this Albin:

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/boatMergedDetails.jsp?boat_id=2337795&checked_boats=2337795&ybw=&units=Feet&currency=USD&access=Public&listing_id=74902&url=&imc=pg-fs

If I ever wanted something a little smaller and faster to zip around the river up here this is the kind of boat I'd look for.

Hi Al

Nice meeting you too. Yes, that Albin looks quite zippy. Air conditioning too. You could get there fast in that.

Hi, welcome aboard. Here you'll find a lot of friends that will help you and change experiences

Sergio "Alemao" Sztancsa, Sent from my iPhone using Trawler

Last edited:
Kathy and I and a couple of our friends are going to take a quick trip over Memorial Weekend to Beaufort or Lookout......love to hear from anyone that is planning on the same.

Hi Tom!

We are heading to MHCYB for the Crystal Coast Boat show this weekend. Are you?

I work on a Canadian team, so I don't get Memorial day Monday off. So we might could make Beaufort if the weather is good....but if the weather is good, Ya'll will get out to Lookout.

PM me your email address so we can keep in touch on summer Cruising. When is Donny's Lookout trip? June 20th-ish?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom