Ultra-Ever Dry. Interesting stuff.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Windshield use would be outstanding.

A coat on the Bimini should do wonders, mine is getting a bit threadbare.

I've been wondering about this myself. I think whatever you put it on will be something you don't mind re-coating twice a year. I don't like varnishing twice a year. It's too bad it won't work underwater. I'd love to coat the bottom of the boat with it, or the dink.

If they had a clear formula, I'd be all over it.....

Back in the days of film photography there was a product called Photoflow was used toward the end of the processing procedure to make rinse water sheet off the film and perhaps prints, too, I don't remember. It did exactly what this stuff claims to do but not for very long as water would gradually remove it.

But I recall reading an article in the 1970s about some kind of very competitive sailboat racing in the Midwest somewhere. The boats were not dinghies but were some 18 or 20 feet long if memory serves. Possibly they were some kind of scow.

The guys who were really serious and who could afford it would buy bulk containers of Photoflow and pour it into troughs that their boat hull would fit in. Then just prior to the start of a race they would set their boat in the trough of Photoflow for awhile and then put it in the lake. I don't know how long the Photoflow would remain on the hull but as long as it did it gave these guys a major speed advantage.

Seems there is rarely anything totally new under the sun.

Wasn't there a boat that had a golf ball dimple bottom too? That trapped air and it gained speed as a result.

Yeah, I laugh at the over head cam guys thinking it's new and the 4 valves a cyl too.
Nothing new yet.

Dennis Connor had Stars and Stripes coated with a 3M product that had dimples in it and many think without that it would not have prevailed over NZ's KZ7, then Kookaburra 2 to win the 1987 Americas Cup. It had not performed all that well up to the end of the elimination rounds, and only still in the hunt because of exceptionally strong winds which suited it. Then after the pause before the finals, he had this coating film put on, and suddenly it gained significant speed. No-one was sure if it was a real speed benefit or just a psychological thing...that and the crew getting better at sailing the boat.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom