• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

For Sale: Raytheon RL80CRC Color Radar/Plotter 10.4"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

timjet

Guru
I'm selling my Raytheon Pathfinder RL 80 CRC color radar and chartplotter.
This unit is in excellent working condition and cosmetically very good condition with the exception of the Raytheon sticker on the Radome.
Radar is a 24" dome unit with Radar overlay and MARPA capability. All radar functions currently available are on this unit including VRB and ELB. Can track up to 10 MARPA targets simultaneously. The 10.4" screen can display a split radar and plotter image and has a course deviation screen when tracking to a way point.
This is a HSB1 unit that can be connected to other compatible units and networked with some limitations.

When installed on my boat all the above functions worked including autopilot tracking. The unit has 2 NMEA 0183 inputs and a SeaTalk connection, and can display depth and other information from compatible units.

Note: For radar overlay and MARPA functionality a heading sensor must be connected via NMEA 0183. For GPS location positioning a GPS sensor must be connected.

All cables including the radar and Plotter cable are included. Also a sea talk cable is included. The unit has a mount that canters the display 18 degrees up down or to either side for better viewing when the unit is mounted away from the helm. The sun cover has a small crack in one corner which is common with this unit. It is almost not noticeable.

Two CMAP cards are included covering the south FL area, Okeechobee waterway and keys.

The user manual was too big to upload. PM me and I'll e-mail it to you if interested.

Price $875

Attachments

• DSC_2070.jpg
    DSC_2070.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 175
  • DSC_2073.jpg
    DSC_2073.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 184
  • P1050094.jpg
    P1050094.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 701
  • P1050097.jpg
    P1050097.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 344
  • DSC_2072.jpg
    DSC_2072.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 232
I'm interested Tim. I need the manual to get overall dimensions of display and verify it will fit in available helm space. PM with email address sent.

That was a very good deal. You can also add a high definition sounder to that unit. The radar overlay and marpa is really nice. It should serve well for years.

(Whew!) That was close! I was going to give you the old "he who hesitates is lost" speech.

That was close Walt. Thirty minutes after posting my interest I thought, screw it we'll make it fit. I'll relocate the VHF, don't like it on the dash anyway.

That was close Walt. Thirty minutes after posting my interest I thought, screw it we'll make it fit. I'll relocate the VHF, don't like it on the dash anyway.

Get ahold of Mike (SomeSailor) about your dash- he runs a business machining custom dash plates in different materials.

I probably misstated myself. The dash itself with my instrument cluster is fine. It's what would be called the dashboard in a car that I'm meaning above. I currently have a VHF, compass, and depth finder mounted In approximately 24" available space. The depth will be replaced by the above display and I'll move the VHF to accommodate.

BTW, I've seen examples of Mike's work and it is stellar.

Nice grab, Craig! That was a quick sale for TJ. Let me know if you want a hand running lines and hooking it all up.

I have a RL80C Plus at my lower helm and a L760 chart plotter on the bridge. They are supposed to both work as chart and radar overlays. They havent work since I bought the boat. The lower station works fine as Radar and the upper works well as a chartplotter.
My RL80C doesnt have slots for chart cards. Does anyone know if it can be upgraded? There is a connector in the front behind the cover where the cards should live.
Dave

I believe that your L760 on the bridge is the primary unit. Try powering the L760 first and then power up your RL80C lower helm.

Could be a connectivity problem with you "sea talk" connections and junctions. Are these units HSB2 compatible?

Could be a connectivity problem with you "sea talk" connections and junctions. Are these units HSB2 compatible?

Yes its HSB2 compatable. My unit is a RL80C Plus which is radar only. The RL80CRC is Radar and Chartplotter. It just looks like you could upgrade the RL80C to include the map card slots.

Dave, I have the RL80CRC plus and I can confirm that just adding the card slot cage to the connector you found behind the small door does not convert it to a chartplotter. I tried, you likely need to change some internal electronics as well.

I have a Raymarine WAAS GPS sensor I'll let go for cheap if you need one, Craig.

I have a Raymarine WAAS GPS sensor I'll let go for cheap if you need one, Craig.

Thanks Tom. I'll let ya know, frankly I'm so electronically deficient I'm still trying to figure out what I bought. Lol

REALLY feel lacking as today I rafted up with and toured FlyWright. Did any of you guys realize you can fit 3 GPS units a radar, chart plotter, 2 VHF radios a compass and laptop on the lower helm of a 34' Californian??? Wow!!

REALLY feel lacking as today I rafted up with and toured FlyWright. Did any of you guys realize you can fit 3 GPS units a radar, chart plotter, 2 VHF radios a compass and laptop on the lower helm of a 34' Californian??? Wow!!

Tell Flywright that it would be good to look out the window every now and then.:D

Thread creap alert!!!

Windows? What windows? I can hardly see past the wires!

Here's what it looked like last night...What a spaghetti jungle!

img_146429_0_f7b22479d9030da3ca87a0999e5a318f.jpg

...and I woke up to this today...

img_146429_1_da285948049df2c2992d85a604a5a09c.jpg

The video camera selector box (shown sticking out on the left) is now mounted behind the A/V panel. Soon I'll be ready to complete it all with a new mahogany veneer on the overhead panel and forward counter/shelf.

I had that panel made by Front Panel Express for $65 in anodized aluminum following the advice of a TFer who had posted about is success with the company. Great product and great price.

Here are some shots of the Skipper Craig at the secret cove.

img_146429_2_d99ca5b7f9e126c372aa29417f5dcfa6.jpg

img_146429_3_dbcb0e28de910753edb3d9467a6f400f.jpg

img_146429_4_9f66817ec108c5c3a7ad1ec3c74d6c97.jpg

It was great seeing your boat, meeting your sons and spending the time at the not-so-secret cove. I'm spending the night here tonight. Here's a shot ofthe egrets starting to gather in the trees at dusk. A couple dozen more came, but my camera phone doesn't do well in low light at a distance. In the summer months, the trees fill with white egrets.

img_146429_5_67591408b5e28ad32fed3437a5e9ceaf.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom