Internet Scam

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sharkey

Veteran Member
Some time ago I posted on here looking for a trawler. In the last few days I have been going back and forth with a guy wanting to sell me a boat from overseas. I knew it was a scam when I received the very first email from him. He claims to represent a boat builder. It is just a scam trying to get you to send a deposit....

I am putting this information on he because this forum is where they found me. They answered my post from some time back using my listed email address...

That's the unfortunate reality of posting email addresses and telephone numbers on an Internet forum. We bust spam accounts here constantly that never make it for the members to see.

Forums are readable without an account and writing programs to mine email addresses is duck soup easy.

It's always best to ask folks to respond with private information through the forum PM system. If you are not a frequent visitor of the forum our default setting is to send a notification to your email that you registered with that a PM is waiting for you.

Sharkey-I have been told I have $27 million in the Nigerian National Bank. I'll send you the info and you can use it to buy the boat!

Sharkey-I have been told I have $27 million in the Nigerian National Bank. I'll send you the info and you can use it to buy the boat!

Now that is funny! I don't care who you are, just funny!:):D:eek:

Greetings,
Duck soup? I think not Mr. CP...

0497847001364761959.gif

Greetings,
Duck soup? I think not Mr. CP...

0497847001364761959.gif

RT - I'm not sure if your posts are just too weird . . . or . . . if my actually watching them is even weirder!!?? :ermm:

Hey THD,
your too late! that Nigerian guy called me too and I wired him the finders fee already. My $27 million will be here tomorrow!!!
John

Hey THD,
your too late! that Nigerian guy called me too and I wired him the finders fee already. My $27 million will be here tomorrow!!!
John

Hey, that's my 27 million. I wired it for a deposit on a super yacht. They must have lost my contact info. I've been wondering why I didn't hear anymore from them.

Originally Posted by johnma
Hey THD,
John

Hey, that's my 27 million. I wired it for a deposit on a super yacht. They must have lost my contact info. I've been wondering why I didn't hear anymore from them.

Hey - You guys are full of it! Obviously that $$$$ belons to RTF... His promise to get THAT much cash was rest of his life placing his mini vids on TF - Not bad work for that kinda Mula!! :facepalm:

I once had a boat named Duck Soup. I wanted to name it The Spirit of Margaret DuMont but it wouldn't fit the transom.

Don't worry, RTF will understand.

Daisy Baker - gone but surely not forgotten.

Sorry guys, none of you will get the Nigerian money. It's being sent on my behalf to that pretty girl that only lives a few miles from me, and we're sharing it on our world cruise!

Back
Top Bottom