San Juan Island Film

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very nice. However I have it on good authority that most of the footage was shot on the South Island of New Zealand. So people shouldn't come here expecting to see this sort of thing as it doesn't really exist here.

:)

Having the good fortune of cruising both coasts, I have to say the San Juans and Gulf Islands are gourmet cruising at its best. As long as beaches and swimming aren't you thing so much. Thanks for the video to bring back some great memories.

Yes, definitely not the San Juan islands. Don't recognize anything. But it looks like a nice place....

That seals the deal us Ron. Just showed my Admiral the video and she said our next boat will be capable of traveling to the San Juan's and claim those anchorages for the glory of all Californian's. :)

Yeah. You can tell they spent a lot of money to mislead the poor unsuspecting tourist. If if weren't raining so hard tonight, I'd hoped to scrape the ice off the windshield long enough to get down to the boat and check on things.

They say the marina ice may break early this year... Come on August!

Give credit where credit is due! This video is brought to us by our very own TF member - Darren O'Brien!

There's also lots of other great professional videos by him at pacificnwboater.com

Thanks Darren!

We're just trying not send the wrong message to those who think the boating up here is worth a damn. I'd hate for the poor disillusioned souls to think we get any of that sort of weather. It's a beautifully shot piece, but obviously not from here.

Ya'll stay away... nothing worth seeing up here... ;)

Well wherever it is it's a beautiful spot and a well done video. Thanks for sharing. Not sure how we would cope with all your rain though, love our sunshine.

That seals the deal us Ron. Just showed my Admiral the video and she said our next boat will be capable of traveling to the San Juan's and claim those anchorages for the glory of all Californian's. :)

I'm with you, Craig. Let's form a Californian armada and take over the joint with our big bucks, loud stereos, 24/7 gensets and our steroid-enhanced men and silicone-enhanced young nubiles shakin' it to rap crap! That's what's missing in this video! Bring it on!!

(Nice video BTW, Darren!)

Those anchorages can definitely improve with 400 watts of Colt Ford blasting out of my stereo. Let's set it up Al :)

I'm with you, Craig. Let's form a Californian armada and take over the joint with our big bucks, loud stereos, 24/7 gensets and our steroid-enhanced men and silicone-enhanced young nubiles shakin' it to rap crap! That's what's missing in this video! Bring it on!!

Those anchorages can definitely improve with 400 watts of Colt Ford blasting out of my stereo. Let's set it up Al

I hope your stereo equipment is water proof and don't forget the see through raingear for your enhanced passengers otherwise we won't be able to enjoy those bodies. I'm not worried though because your armada will never survive the storms off Cape Blanco.

Ron

Hey...nobody said anything about rain and wind! We're Californians...we can't get wet! And we don't wrap up our women folk in water repellent materials, (Well, some do, but they're not coming with us!)

I suspect you're right, though...we would probably never survive such blustery conditions. It just might mess up our hair plugs!

I'm officially rethinking this plan. I'll get back to you...

Just what I would expect for a flotilla from the manly port of San Francisco!:D:hide:

I suspect you're right, though...we would probably never survive such blustery conditions. It just might mess up our hair plugs!.

I don't see a problem with cold, blustery conditions...it just may allow our engines to run a little cooler.

Just what I would expect for a flotilla from the manly port of San Francisco!:D:hide:

Sorry Don. We have a law on the books in California that precludes the use of boats while wearing a sweater.

As Marin can also attest, California boats do not have heaters either. Another obscure law we have on the books that's strictly enforced.

Sorry Don. We have a law on the books in California that precludes the use of boats while wearing a sweater.

As Marin can also attest, California boats do not have heaters either. Another obscure law we have on the books that's strictly enforced.

. . . . ., and aside from that it would be a shame to waste all that money spent in the tanning beds by coveingr your thongs.:eek:

Another glorious day in the PNW (Victoria BC):

232323232%7Ffp537%3C2%3Enu%3D3363%3E33%3A%3E57%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D34%3B29%3A%3B899336nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp538%3A%3A%3Enu%3D3363%3E33%3A%3E57%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D34%3B29%3A%3B8%3A4336nu0mrj

Tell me things can't get cool and blustery, even during the summer, on San Francisco Bay (looking west through Raccoon Strait crossing a ship's wake, and south from the Berkeley Marina):

img_145944_2_759f36e8fa9d1dcc85533411114fa5ae.jpg

img_145944_3_af55cac7b35f33aa52ff085f7caab682.jpg

Last edited:

Craig, you need to get out of the Delta sometime. ... Hey! Weren't you complaining recently of the cold, blustery weather in your home waters!

Craig, you need to get out of the Delta sometime. ...

I can not, or will not until upgrading my tow policy. The edge of the earth is currently Pittsburg. I thought about upgrading but noticed its so windy in the Bay that some folks even have sail assisted tugs. :)

Very nice. However I have it on good authority that most of the footage was shot on the South Island of New Zealand. So people shouldn't come here expecting to see this sort of thing as it doesn't really exist here.:)

LOL! I would love to do more cruising in New Zealand, and see the South Island in particular.

Thank you windmist for posting, and Nsail for the credit. We are looking forward to getting back to some of those spots again...

Awesome video! Well done. Not sure why the doubt about its location. These are definitely the San Juan's. I recognize these places.

Awesome video! Well done. Not sure why the doubt about its location. These are definitely the San Juan's. I recognize these places.

Rule #1 in How to Learn from the Internet:

1. Consider the source.

Really!!! GFY

I can not, or will not until upgrading my tow policy. The edge of the earth is currently Pittsburg. I thought about upgrading but noticed its so windy in the Bay that some folks even have sail assisted tugs. :)

Thought the usual policy covered out to Half Moon Bay, Drake's Bay, and the Farallon Islands in the Pacific Ocean. Leastwise, mine does/did. ... Haven't been further eastward than Pittsburg since the 1980s. Late-April trip to Stockton for the asparagus festival should correct that.

Last edited:
Inland stops [as far westward] at Pittsburg.

Golly. That's at least 40 miles too far inland of the west coast, keeping you from the Suisun, San Pablo, and San Francisco Bays, as well as the Carquinez Strait! ... Won't you ever travel to Angel Island (pictured here) or Sam's Cafe in Tiburon, let alone the Napa and Petaluma Rivers? Think what you can be missing!

img_145988_0_a62eacf01a5f600081c35142ce13c619.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom