View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 09:41 AM   #30
SeaMoose

City: Anchor Pointe, Ohio
Vessel Name: Sea Moose
Vessel Model: 1976 34' D/C Taiwanese Trawler
Hello Trekker
I am just to the West of you at Anchor Pointe Marina. The boat market in our area couldn't be better for a buyer. The majority of the boats for sale are "go-fasts" with large gas guzzling engines (A 40' "Express Cruiser" consumes up to 40, 50 gallons of fuel per hour). If you're going to use the boat as a floating condo and take occasional trips these represent great value for the money.

The selection of trawlers for sale is very small but they are out there.

Next door to me at Mienke Marina East is a 34' Marine Trader that the couple bought, spent a lot of money on to do the Great Loop, and for reasons unknown to me never went. It's been on the hard about six years now under shrink wrap. It is on Yachtworld with a single tiny picture. I suspect they would entertain just about any offer.

Anchor Pointe has a good Marine Mechanic (Ask for Rich and tell him Alan told you to call you). Bob Jenson, who has a phenomenal woodworking shop near the Marina does fantastic work on boat systems. Anyone at the Marina can find Bob for you. These guys could help you get it going if the price is right.

You'll have a hard time finding a surveyor in our area that knows anything about trawlers. The one I hired absolutely sucked, and cost me $500 for nothing.

If you decided to look at it, I'd be happy to offer advice as I know these boats inside and out, having spent nine years restoring mine. Until June I can be found most Saturdays in Building #2 at Anchor Pointe, finishing the Fall/Spring projects I have going, after that I am at dock I-35.

Good Luck, perhaps we will meet at Kelley's, or Put in Bay, or Middle Bass :-)

Alan Robbins
SeaMoose is offline   Reply With Quote