how long to documnet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dougcole

Guru
Vessel Name
Morgan
Vessel Make
'05 Mainship 40T
Hey Guys,

Do any of you know how long the documentation transfer process usually takes? It's been about three weeks now with no word and I am a bit worried as I need to get my customs decal (which I am hearing is backed up and taking about 60 days) prior to a Bahamas trip in June.

Do you think I can get the customs decal using the existing CG ID # before the transfer of documentation takes place?

Thanks,
Doug

Hey Guys,

Do any of you know how long the documentation transfer process usually takes? It's been about three weeks now with no word and I am a bit worried as I need to get my customs decal (which I am hearing is backed up and taking about 60 days) prior to a Bahamas trip in June.

Do you think I can get the customs decal using the existing CG ID # before the transfer of documentation takes place?

Thanks,
Doug

The Doc number doesn't change..just the owners and wheher or not currently documented.

Have you checked with the USCG? Call the Nat Vessel Doc Center.

The Doc number doesn't change..just the owners and wheher or not currently documented.

That's correct. Have a bill of sale in your possession when obtaining your other documents.

If I remember correctly, it took a couple months for mine but the documentation company sent me a letter to use in the meantime if I was questioned. I wasn't.

I'm not sure what would happen outside of the USA.

We are still waiting after three months.

You can go to the web site and see which month's applications they're processing. Last I looked (this week) they were in December. Just hope you have everything in order. If not they send it back for correction and you go to the back of the line.

CG Documentation

We received our paperwork March 14,2013 issue date; November 30, 2012 was the application date. From what others have told me this was a pretty quick turn around from this government agency.

I am sure that sequestration will be the universal excuse for any government activity delays or inaction!!

So I went on the customs and border patrol site and found I could get my customs decal with just a Hull ID number since I already had an account set up wiith them for the old boat.

Are you guys saying I should be able to bring my bill of sale down to the tag office and register the boat in Florida without documentation numbers? I tried to do that and they said I needed a title. But then again, I was in the Crawfordville, FL tag office. I doubt they see more than 1 documented boat come through every 5 or 6 years.

I would think a FL registration would get me right through Bahamian customs. That was what we used with the old boat as it was not documented.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom