View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 04:57 PM   #1
Moonstruck
Guru

City: Hailing Port: Charleston, SC
Vessel Name: Moonstruck
Vessel Model: Sabre 42 Hardtop Express
Spring Improvement Projects

Looking at the calendar it's spring whether it feels like it or not. So, here goes our projects starting.

We are doing the 4th complete do over of our 1966 Boston Whaler. The boat is older than my youngest son. We have run it everywhere. The last time we redid it we re-gelcoated it. It now has a 90hp 4 stroke Mercury on it. It is getting a complete tune up and servicing. The mahogany woodwork is getting some wood replaced and all new varnish. It is an awesome little boat.

We pulled our sons around with it. When they were old enough they skied with it. We have towed it like a dinghy for a few thousand miles. Now my youngest grandson is turning 16, and they are skiing with it. There has been a lot of learning on that boat.

On Little Moonstruck, our Blackfin, I plan on new batteries, some varnishing, and general polishing up. On Moonstruck, our Sabre, I plan on installing the ProIso charging system and generally polishing up.

We are still toying with the idea of going to the Bahamas for 4 to 6 weels sometime in May.
https://moonstruckblog.wordpress.com/
Moonstruck is offline   Reply With Quote