New to the Forum; New to Trawlers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

English Bluff

Vessel Name
Chester
Vessel Make
Prairie/29
We just brought over our new (to us) Prairie 29 - hull #47. Many months of reading this forum attracted me to the PR29. Now I have a ton more questions than answers. Here are two: is there a Prairie 29 owners group that I can attach myself to and does anyone have a copy of the manual for this boat (it came with a copy of one for the Prairie 36)?

It looks like most of the owners of these little boats are in Florida. Any owners here in the US PNW or BC Lower Mainland?...I guess that's three questions.

Can't answer any of your questions, but at least I can welcome you to the group. :)

John

Welcome aboard. I am the proud owner of a Prairie 29,hull #6. She was built in 1978 and we purchased her from the original owners in 2010. We are in fact in Florida, so I can't offer much assistance with your area. I can tell you that if you like comfort and classic lines you will love your boat. This our first trawler, have always been a sport fisherman. Speed is a relative term and in the case of these boats it is a non issue.

I do in fact have an original boat manual for the boat. It is in a loos leaf leaf notebook.

John

Hi again John,

I am going to be in Florida from March 4 - 18. We are visiting my inlaws in Homosassa and also plan to spend a week or so in St. Augustine. Would it be possible to get together so I that I might have the opportunity to copy your Prairie manual?

David

David, you will love St Augustine. Let me know.
John

Welcome! There's a Prairie/Atlantic group on eBoatCards.com. We're up to two members now.

I have the original owner's manual for my 36' in .pdf format if you're interested. Some of the stuff will be the same. It's all typed out by hand. Like all owner's manuals, it's pretty generic. You'll learn more by just poking around your boat, but no doubt it will help explain one or two things you weren't quite sure of. Anyway, it'll give you an idea of what to expect when you find the one for your 29'. Let me know.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom