More on Rainha Jannota

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Portuguese

Guru
Vessel Name
Rainha Jannota
Vessel Make
Curruira 46
Gents

More pictures from Rainha Jannota.
Now the Heart is in with the generator, day tank, AC's oil/water/fuel lines, Aquadrive (almost). A lot of work at 106 F plus. Too hot and rainy

Enjoy the pics!

The Heart is In! - a set on Flickr

Regards

P.

She is shaping up. You went with an international engine 110 hp if I remember?

So what is the gen set and hp. Are you still planning on hydraulics.

You seem to look younger what's your secret.

Wow, beautiful, beautiful work.
Three observations:
Engine mounting: I know the Aquadrive is taking the thrust. But are not the laminated stacks of blocks, especially the fwd. ones too tall for their length and venerable to cracking from torque. How are they attached to each other and the stringers?
Engine mounting: Six mounts. I have never seen that. Doesn't it underload the rear mounts effectively making them too stiff.
Stainless steel bolts on your skeg & cutlass bearing housings through wood may be subject to crevice corrosion in the long run and fail without warning.

Hi Phil and all

The Engine is the 145 HP International. The genset is a 7 KVA FP. It is the cheapest and the best I can get localy in support. Actualy I am not in these pictures.

Brooksie

Thank you for your comments!
Actually the laminated blocks are a work of art. Although you do not see the details, there are 4 x ¾” wood pins crossing those blocks top to bottom including engine stringers. In addition, and that you can see, there are 2 x 5/8” screws. All is gently weted with epoxy glue and resin.
The reason why the engine is so high is because originally it was not planned to use an Aquadrive. By the time we decided to use it, it kind of pushed the all packed forward. We are now thinking about sacrificing the life expectancy of the Aquadrive to bent it some 3 – 5 degrees and, therefore, lower the engine to the stringers.
The 6 mounts are a theory of my Dad who spent 50 years building and building boats. No matter what they say, if your gear weight is equal or bigger than 20% of your engine, it should be mounted! It worked for my dad, it will work for me. Now, despite the appearances, the mounts of the gear are lighter than the engine.

Regards
P.

Sounds like you have covered all bases. Hope you took my comments in the sprit they were intended; constructive...
I have never used an Aquadrive but I have heard that they are less apt to rattle if angled, after all, that's what they're meant for, not just a thrust bearing.

Parabebs!

Sergio "Alemao" Sztancsa, Sent from my iPhone using Trawler

AquaDrives are great. Make sure you get the installation as perfect as possible. Mine had some alignment issues to solve but it turned out good in the end. I had the smallest AD that had only 2 mounting ears. Your 4 mounts will make alignment and set up much easier.

Thanks for the updates.

You may want to submit her as the perfect trawler soon.

Make sure you get the installation as perfect as possible.

The "perfect" instalation will include an engine -shaft misalignment of 2 or 3 deg.

This is a REQUIREMENT for the MB front end parts to be lubed.

Its all in the installation instructions , now!

Esse sistema, com uma sobrequilha protegendo o helice, eu tambem tenho aqui no Brasil na minha escuna.
No meu trawler os helices ficam totalmente expostos, o que acho temeroso e fragil para acidentes.
Parabens novamente e muito sucesso

Esse sistema, com uma sobrequilha protegendo o helice, eu tambem tenho aqui no Brasil na minha escuna.
No meu trawler os helices ficam totalmente expostos, o que acho temeroso e fragil para acidentes.
Parabens novamente e muito sucesso

Holy Friday by mistake I went to the Spanish mass. :flowers: Did not understand a word, but had English missal so at least I could follow. Sort of like a Latin mass, if you have going to one mass, you basically can follow them all. ;) I will say the Spanish people are more open and friendly community. A mother with 3 children sat next to me, the small baby was sleeping, next think I know I have the sleeping baby :socool: in my arms while the mother took care of the other two.

So do you have the English, so us English people can understand:confused:

Eu disse que a sua hélice está protegido por sua quilha, como a minha escuna aqui no Brasil, mas a minha traineira que está em Luperon tem duas hélices totalmente e completamente expostos a acidentes perigosos.
Espanhol é semelhante e podemos entender, mas português é um pouco diferente

Brazilians, unless bilingual, don't speak/write Spanish, neither do residents in Lisbon.

232323232%7Ffp733%3A6%3Enu%3D3363%3E33%3A%3E57%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D3638%3B%3B529%3B336nu0mrj

I'm sorry, I said that your propeller is protected by its keel, as my schooner here in Brazil, but my trawler that is in Luperon-Dominican Republic, has two propellers totally and completely exposed to dangerous accidents.
Spanish is similar and we can understand, but Portuguese is a little different

I'm sorry, I said that your propeller is protected by its keel, as my schooner here in Brazil, but my trawler that is in Luperon-Dominican Republic, has two propellers totally and completely exposed to dangerous accidents.
Spanish is similar and we can understand, but Portuguese is a little different

My translation was: Something about a helicopter and trawler in the water of Brazil was exposed/training for an accident. :facepalm::blush::confused:

Thanks for the English as it makes more sense. :thumb:

Look, it's a code :eek:)
I said that my Helicopter will go deep in the water if the keel doesn't work as well :eek:)
Portuguese is a heroe to build a good boat in Brazil that the import taxes are more than 100% and we'll nedd a lot of import equipment.

Thank you for the comments and the good laughs that Phill generated with his comments.

I am building my boat in the same manner that I saw my granddad and my dad building during my childhood.

Alemao. Como diz o arbitro de box. Protect yourself at all cost

MARK...Brazilians, unless bilingual, don't speak/write Spanish, neither do residents in Lisbon.

Mark

I haven’t seen this view in 12 years!

MARK...Brazilians, unless bilingual, don't speak/write Spanish, neither do residents in Lisbon.

Mark

I haven’t seen this view in 12 years!

Maybe it's time for another visit!

232323232%7Ffp733%3C3%3Enu%3D3363%3E33%3A%3E57%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D3638%3B%3B52%3A3336nu0mrj

...That is the famous "eletrico" The yellow Lisbon line of trolls

...That is the famous "eletrico" The yellow Lisbon line of trolls

Thought you would get a "kick" out of that photo. The picture was made between a landmark church and very pleasant park for which I've unfortunately forgotten their names. It's amazing how those two-axle trolleys follow their frequently winding and narrow routes in Lisbon's streets.

... The picture was made between a landmark church and very pleasant park for which I've unfortunately forgotten their names. ...

Basilica de Estrela and Jardin Guerra Junqueiro?

...perfect picture from the shipyard front yard. The rain has started.

The Admiral and I spent 5 days varnishing some parts to acquire the feeling and the technique. We came to the conclusion that varnishing is all about simplicity and patience.
By the way, the varnish is Sherwin Williams marine varnish. Eight hands all diluted at 30%.

Attachments

• Yard.jpg
    Yard.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 121
  • Admiral_Cabin_Door.jpg
    Admiral_Cabin_Door.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 122
  • Varnished_Frames.jpg
    Varnished_Frames.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 126
  • WC_Door.jpg
    WC_Door.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 129
  • Verniz_nas_Portas.jpg
    Verniz_nas_Portas.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 126
So are you the person with not to much hair. ;) Purple is my second most favorite color, and pink is the first. :flowers:

I find varnishing to be relaxing, better than weeding/mowing the law/digging in the dirt. :thumb: Are you using satin or high gloss for the interior?

So how is the rest of the boat coming and do you have a splash date yet?

Hi Phill

Yes I am the hairless one! The boat, as you'll see tomorrow on other pictures not yet in my hands, will be red wine hull (burgundy, as the admiral calls it!), and light beige in the housing. The interior varnish will be finished with "cut gloss". Polish paste #1 and 2 without using "gloss pushers". By doing this you "cut" the gloss which only shines if pushed, after you use polish paste.

More pitures, now already with redwine tone!

The pink is a special product to identify porosity in the FG

Attachments

• 1 hand to_go_ hull.jpg
    1 hand to_go_ hull.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 135
  • Goodnight_Sleep.jpg
    Goodnight_Sleep.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 130
  • Pink_primer_finding_badspots.jpg
    Pink_primer_finding_badspots.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 127
  • Building_Saloon.jpg
    Building_Saloon.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Yeah, more pictures…we want pitures…we want pitures...

Helo my friend, where are you? I hope you had a Happy New Year

Back
Top Bottom