Northern Lights??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Besslb

Guru
Vessel Name
Skinny Dippin'
Vessel Make
Navigator 42'
Hey PNW'ers.....anyone got any great photos of the recent Northern Lights??

I'm sure there are more flatlanders like myself that would love to see some pictures over the water!

Anyone?? Please???

Northern Lights

Attachments

• DSCN0162.jpg
    DSCN0162.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 90
That's just f$&@'n funny!

Spent 7 years in SE Alaska and never saw the lights once. Sorry.

Saw an amazing display in Marysville Washington a long time ago. I was an adventurous kid out for a walk in the middle of the night.

Here's a shot taken by a friend near Thorne Bay.

The tiny light in the lower right is a nav aid at the entrance to Thorne Bay.

Attachments

• R0024521 copy.jpg
    R0024521 copy.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Sorry, I don't have any pics to share, but I do have some recollections. We lived in AK for four years while in the USAF. On many night flights I was able to see the lights from well above any cloud cover or haze.

The most brilliant display I ever saw was on the way back from Greenland in a C130 somewhere over northern Canada in the dead of winter. The lights were bright enough that they lit up the cockpit. We watched them for over an hour and saw the most brilliant display ever.

I have seen them many times as well! I fly to Anchorage a lot and have seen them then. I also used to do a lot of flying in the Great Lakes Region and saw them many times up there. It would take a good camera/lens to get a good pic!

Thanks ya'll. There was a story on the news about it and I thought for sure you guys would have some awesome pictures. Oh well....it was worth a shot!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom