Where do i find these windows??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi, I just bought a 36' Trojan Tri Cabin. The guy tried to patch up these windows and did a terrible job. I'd much rather have the windows there, where could I find them and around how much would they cost?

Attachments

• image-4249388454.jpg
    image-4249388454.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 145
Dean, could you post better photos?

Welcome

These folks make great windows- they do manufacturing in house,and can customize to your exact requirements.

Dean, could you post better photos?

Welcome

These folks make great windows- they do manufacturing in house,and can customize to your exact requirements.

Well I live in NC. And the boat is in MD. I'm going back up there in 2 weeks but that's all I got for right now

Dean, I agree that better pictures would help. That said, are you looking to replace broken glass or the entire frame?

If only the glass a local glass shop could be a good choice, especially if it can be cut from stock flat panels. Good luck and congratulations.

Dean, I agree that better pictures would help. That said, are you looking to replace broken glass or the entire frame?

If only the glass a local glass shop could be a good choice, especially if it can be cut from stock flat panels. Good luck and congratulations.

I need the glass and the frame. None of its there.

Dean, hard to tell from your picture but I think rather than windows, you mean "ports".

Newfound Metals makes stainless steel port but they are pretty pricy.
Do a Google search for plastic ports.

Last edited:
:angel::angel:We also need a window replacement ( one cracked) and all of the tracks.The frames are good but the rubber gasket (? not sure of terminology) on the outside is shrunk and dried out on all. Any recommendation on glass type. Auto glass ok? The marine tracks I was looking at varies from stainless with flocking to pure plastic. I can get those from the marine store but the outer "gasket" material I would think should be of a better standard to withstand the elements.

Any hints from this wide diversity of knowledgeable seaman (and women)will be worth it's weight in gold. Don't like doing things wrong or worse twice

Thanks again for you patience :angel::angel::flowers:

We are about to replace the track in the sliding windows of our "Orca" . The replacement track is about 3/8" but that still leaves a void of about 1/4" - 3/8" on either side. The old material is cracked and dried. Some of the original was a metal material that is rusted badly and crumbling. We are planning to use a special caulk that is used to install windows in automobiles to fill the void. We won't be doing this for another week or two. If anyone else has better ideas we'd like to hear from you. Otherwise, we'll report back on how it is working.

Dean, hard to tell from your picture but I think rather than windows, you mean "ports".

Newfound Metals makes stainless steel port but they are pretty pricy.
Do a Google search for plastic ports.

I was going to suggest NFM myself.....:socool:

You might want to look at their "Tri-Matrix Ports".... Very sharp looking, easy to install.... I installed 15 of them on our Gulfstar 44 to replace the originals.

http://www.newfoundmetals.com/portlights/tri-matrix/rectangular-tri-matrix

Last edited:
Check the corner of the glass for the makers stamp. If your lucky & have Taylor windows, the company has terrific customer support and can supply replacement seals & parts for quite old windows. A few years back I replaced all the seals in every window on a 23 year old Silverton I had for under $200.00 It took over 75ft of seals/gaskets. A big thumbs up to Taylor and any marine manufacturer that stands behind it's products for a quarter century!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom