Thread: Maybe this one?
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 01:36 PM   #36
Phil Fill
Guru

City: Everett Wa
Vessel Name: Eagle
Vessel Model: Roughwater 58 pilot house
I think its worse than the boats she been looking at. Does not fit her basic requirement of being a live aboard for 6, the salon and staterooms are small, shippy stark. The boat is a AC electric power hog, and probable being built in Europe has the 240 European wiring again. The engine hours were not listed, old gardener engines, and parts/service might be hard to find. The helms access/location/visiblity is a concern. It will be a real bitch to dock the boat. Still does not have the range, water and holding tanks and no heat. Being steel has also been mentioned but the fuel tanks would be a big concern. The tanks are my biggest concern about the Eagle.

UNLESS GG has 500 grand cash/funds to drop in the boat. She might be able to get financing for the boat, but they do not finance for moving the boat, up grade/remodel that requires cash and time. Plus the total turn around cost and cash flow will be far more than buying a million plus boat.

If she is interested in steel, she should go back and look at the un finish steel in organ and finish/pimp out the interior for 200+ grand. I still like the 66 Choy Lee as it will make a great live aboard and has the basic/potential to cross oceans as windows, doors, hand holds, stabilization can be added later when/if needed.

You should already have liability insurance, weather you insure the boat or not.
Phil Fill is offline   Reply With Quote