Thread: Maybe this one?
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 10:43 PM   #10
westwinds
Veteran Member

City: Wisconsin
I like the 66' Conrad N.V. Kalp Holland a lot just looking at it. At first I thought there might be too much horsepower with two engines to be economical. However it looks about right to me because you get 127 hp per engine at 1500 RPM. http://www.gardnermarine.com/gardner-marine-engines/standard-engines.aspx and click on 6LXD Fact Sheet. I do like the idea of two engines for redundancy and you do not need as much in spare parts to carry with you if you have an extra engine. These low turning engines are economical and long lived and you can still get parts for the Gardner engines.

Of course you do need a trusted surveyor to have a look at it that goes without saying. The cabins might seem small for a boat this size but from what I have read about kids, as long as they have a space to call their own on a boat, size matters little. I have thought some of the boats you were looking at were large and might be a maintenance problem just by their size, the bigger it is the more work to keep up. This boat I think is as small as you can go and still get the cabins you what

Are you going to look at it?
westwinds is offline   Reply With Quote