View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 10:41 AM   #17
Baker
TF Site Team

City: League City, Tx
Vessel Model: Carver 356
Boat selection opinions

Tim, I would say your short list is a good one and very realistic. To really get the boat your want, you may have to travel for it and you may have a long trip to bring it home. I live on the Texas Gulf Coast. If I found a boat I really liked in Maine(Which there happens to be a very nice MT36 Sundeck there), I would buy it and bring it down. You have the "luxury" of being in FLorida and "looking in both directions".

WIth all that said, my short list of boats is the same as yours as my requirements are the same as yours. The Island berth is not that important to me as I lived on a boat with a V-berth for 5 years and it was quite comfy. If the boat is a sedan/Europa in that size range, you are sacraficing space for the island berth.

My perfect boat....The Heritage West Indian 36. The link below is the only one on Yachtworld. It seems a little rough on the outside but the inside looks pretty good and that engine is not original issue and is "newer" all for a VERY good price. They only made something like 60 of these. Anyway, they seem to be roomy and damn good looking. ANd if it means anything, coming from a sailing background they were designed by Charlie Morgan.

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi...g_id=59909&url=

I also notice they are calling it a 39.* It is a 36.* Maybe the broker added the swim platform or the bowsprit to the length.

-- Edited by Baker on Monday 27th of April 2009 11:43:09 AM
Baker is offline   Reply With Quote