Old 03-02-2013, 12:13 PM   #8
FlyWright
TF Site Team

City: California Delta
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: 1977 Marshall Californian 34 LRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple Girl View Post
"Everything you read on the Internet is true" - Abe Lincoln.
ROTFLMAO!!

This thread sounds a bit like asking your wife "Which of your girlfriends would be the hottest in bed?" Her reply would probably be, "None of them!"

"The more general boating forums, like this one, are great interactive entertainment-- kind of like watching Family Guy or South Park--- but that's about it in my view. I would and do act on advice from the shipwrights and former yard owners on the GB forum. I would never do so on advice I read on general forums like this one without confirming it first... "

I find it ironic and very telling that the most prolific, and some will argue most ignored, TF poster would be the one who repeatedly belittles, diminishes and demeans the contributions of others on this forum while blathering incessantly as if his is the only opinion that matters. I guess some people just HAVE to step on the backs of others to elevate themselves.

In my opinion, everyone who contributes and all contributions are welcome. I have found this board to be a great source of shared knowledge that has helped me gain a steep learning curve in all things trawlering. I have made good friends from this forum, I have learned new skills and techniques, I have tackled projects I probably would not have attempted without the assistance from others here, I have shared knowledge, spare parts, a helping hand and tools and have received it all back many times over. The tips from others here have saved my bacon and saved me loads of money.

Don't listen to the naysayers who insult the knowledge base and contributions of others here. Sometimes it takes that out-of-the-box thinker to see a problem from a new and enlightening perspective. I'm grateful we have such a diversity of passionate fellow trawlerites. It's what makes our forum a community.

If it's entertainment like Family Guy () you're looking for, there are much better sources on the internet to fill that base need.

@DeltaBridges - 25 Delta Bridges in 25 Days