Thread: Travel Time
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 07:50 AM   #43
caltexflanc
Guru

City: North Carolina for now
Yes, he/she is correct, they have the "right" to post anything they want within the moderator's tolerance. But I have to question whether the skills are possessed to even know what good information is. One thing this person has consistently refused to do is tell us what their experience, including their family's, at sea is. By all appearances the answer to that is "zero". A lot of well meaning people are spending time and energy responding to a cavalcade of off-the-wall and frankly out-to-lunch posts, especially when you view them as a whole. I guess I define "troll" more broadly than standard. I am sorry if that was an affront,, no maybe I'm not, but I did go ahead and give him an excellent source to consult in Scott Bulger (who used another good source, Capt. Mike Maurice, to get him going).

While the OP may be proud of their eccentricities, (aren't we all?), I suggest the line has to be drawn when that veers into the realm of putting lives at danger, not just those of self and family and friends, but of those who may well be called upon to assist them.

Vis this thread, so here we have someone who by their own admission knows nothing about boats, buying a boat in Asia of unknown provenance and condition, wired apparently for European use, and shipping it over here, when there are hundreds of boats for sale here in the USA and Canada that would meet what we kinda of sorta think are their very fuzzily, not knowledge-based criteria?

"There's the Right Way, the Wrong Way, and what some guy says he's gotten away with"
caltexflanc is offline   Reply With Quote