Vibration and Cavitation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bruce, I had Propspeed put on the running gear for the fist time last time I hauled and antifouled, and the Micron Extra still seems very smooth when rubbed, and the running gear is not showing vibration at all, and more importantly the speed for given rpm is as good as it was when fresh give or take a rev or two, yet she has not been re-done since winter 2010. I'd swear by it now, remembering what used to happen with just hard a/f on the gear.

Bruce, I had Propspeed put on the running gear for the fist time last time I hauled and antifouled, and the Micron Extra still seems very smooth when rubbed, and the running gear is not showing vibration at all... I'd swear by it now, remembering what used to happen with just hard a/f on the gear.
Thanks Peter. I noticed the running gear when the boat came up to fix damage in king tides against the shipwrights fixed wharf (their cost). With planning or more time up, I could have gone to propspeed, it`s good knowing first hand it really works. My 2 coats of hard a/f should last a while.
I am very pleased with Jotun Seaguardian on the hull. No reason to touch it after 17 months, my best a/f experience ever.

Al, Thanks for the response, do you have a record or memory of what speeds you get at what RPMs?

Al, Thanks for the response, do you have a record or memory of what speeds you get at what RPMs?

We've been out of the water the last 2 years so this is from memory...

1750 rpm = 8kts (approx) this is what I normally cruise

2000 rpm = 9kts(approx)

2200 rpm when I can get it = 9.5 to 10kts and NOBODY is happy

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom