Car Talk... split from What do you think about this draft

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Willy
Vessel Make
Willard Nomad 30'
Don says;

"To Eric nothing drives like a '49 Buick."

That's actually true! But I'm really enjoying my 2000 VW Golf.

And my 49 Buick is out of warrenty.

Attachments

• STH70930 copy.jpg
    STH70930 copy.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
But I'm really enjoying my 2000 VW Golf.

These smaller cars are great aren't they Eric? I turned my second Prius in and am driving a 2013 Ford focus and loving it! I have a great parking spot too!

Attachments

• Focus.jpg
    Focus.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 69
Yea Walt every time I see a Prius I think of you.

The Golf's temporary. It was meant to be a substitute for a better Beetle but now I'm thinking it's too small (not much left leg room). But I do love the way it drives. I'll be looking at the Passat 4cyl. Same mechanicals just bigger body.

S of F that's a squatter. I do love the old straight eight Buick's though. A decent one is just too expensive now. I'd like a 41 Special Sedanette (fast back) w a 53 engine in it ( insert bearings). But $$$$$

If you are seriously considering a Passat, get the US built version. Much roomier, cleaner design and very efficient 5 cylinder (33mpg hwy). Plus price went down substantially when they started building in US. Just a very satisfied customer!!
BTW they do NOT float very well even in mild sea state.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by healhustler:
One only needs to take a look at my choice of boats here in my Avatar and know that I'd probably prefer the looks of a Great Harbor over lots of other styles.

I arrived at that conclusion immediately after reading your first post on this thread.:D

Give me a break, Walt. I came to this hobby right out of truck and farm equipment restoration. The last one I did was identical to this unit below (1952 IHC L195 Tilto). Look at that truck.....it looks exactly like my boat!:)

Attachments

• High Binder.jpg
    High Binder.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
If you are seriously considering a Passat, get the US built version. Much roomier, cleaner design and very efficient 5 cylinder (33mpg hwy). Plus price went down substantially when they started building in US. Just a very satisfied customer!!
BTW they do NOT float very well even in mild sea state.

:thumb:Built right here in my home town!:thumb:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom