Where is Rolling Stone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JohnP

Guru
Vessel Name
V E N T U R E
Vessel Make
1996 36' Island Gypsy Classic
Have I missed something?

Where is Carl Stone? Cruising I hope.

Anyone with info?

JohnP

Have I missed something?

Where is Carl Stone? Cruising I hope.

Anyone with info?

JohnP

Good question, John. I thought about Carl just a few days ago, and intended to post a similar message. Didn't he mention moving down to Key Largo?

I talk to Capt Carl occasionally. He was less than thrilled at the direction that TF was going and some of the personal attacks by certain members here. Rather than make it an issue on the forum, he decided to leave the forum. I try to get him back when I talk to him but he is adamant.
A couple of years ago he came aboard the tug while we were tied up in Port Newark. He is an interesting person and a great guy, I also wish he would return. I have his phone number but not his email address. If anyone wants it, I would get permission from him to give it out by private message.

I am glad he is okay, but miss his contributions to the forum. His care and upkeep of his Marine Trader Pilothouse are very interesting to those of us with vintage trawlers.

I recently heard that Don Miller founder and owner of Marine Trading International had passed away about 6 months ago. I know Carl use to like to visit Don when he was in my neck of the woods.

It got me thinking about what Carl was doing now and how was "Rolling Stone"?

Hope he comes back to the forum, Like to hear if he has left NYC forever?

JohnP

I miss him as well. We would exchange PMs from time to time. Hope he returns.

I miss Carl posting here too. I like anyone with a can do attitude that does more than talk about getting stuff done.

Always looked forward to reading his posts.

I just got off the phone with Capt Carl and everything is great in his world. I did persuade him to check out this thread (no strong arm tactics that I would admit to ), he misses everyone and I have his ok to give phone or email be Private msg.

I just got off the phone with Capt Carl and everything is great in his world. I did persuade him to check out this thread (no strong arm tactics that I would admit to ), he misses everyone and I have his ok to give phone or email be Private msg.

Capt. Jack, tell Carl about the "ignore" button. He can exclude any of us he wants, but please come on back aboard.

Don
I told him to at least view this thread! He knows that we want him on the forum, weather he complies or not is anyones guess. He sounds like he is doing good! I may see him this week end.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom